Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TCP Not working

Hello,

My wife and I enjoy playing AC across our LAN. However the other day we tried to play and the computer saw the hosted game but when you clicked it the computer sta there for about three minutes then went back to the main menu. Any advice on this?

The only system changes that took place, was our switch was replaced with a switch/router combo and we now have cable internet.

Edward

Many routers have a built in firewall, which often causes problems with on-line or lan gaming. I had to contact my manufacturer to get a fix for my router problems. This could be a right royal pain.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I have already spoken with DLink. The firewall is designed to ONLY work over the router, thus the local LAN should be uneffected.

Edward

Comment

CRISLER!

want to come and join the new democracy game?

Comment

I'd reccommend it too. All the SMAC technical experts will be there to help with your problem

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

no, no. you see, this isn't just shamelessly plugging the game everywhere we go. Crisler was actually our first commissioner back in september before his mysterious disappearance

Comment

Working...
            X