Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Magnanimous, weak Morgan 'politely declines' to speak with me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnanimous, weak Morgan 'politely declines' to speak with me...

.and has done so for at least fifty years. I'd like to shower him with tech and credits (I like to do that with lagging factions, don't ask why), but I can't do that if he won't speak to me. I'm running his favored social option, and we have a treaty.

How do I re-open lines of communication without opening fire?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Stop trying to talk to him for a couple of years - maybe five or so. Doesn't always work, but it's worth a try. Sometimes the AI just gets p*ssed off with you if you try to talk to it too much and goes into 'huff mode' (my words not Firaxis'). Give it a few years to calm down and he might talk to you again. Failing that, call a council (PG elections will do) and try and bribe him one way or the other. That might get him to open up.
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Landing a couple of high weapon rovers next to one of his bases usually brings him to the phone.

Comment

If you look at the skies, there wouldn't be any spots are there?

It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

K2, you don't get the 'politely declines' message during sunspots, you get the yellow message that 'sunspot disruption prohibits our contact'.

I think this AI behavior occurs when it 'thinks' you are going to extort tech or credits from it if it answers the comm. (If the situation were reversed and you were playing Morgan, you can bet any comm request would result in a demand.) Of course, if you try this trick of not answering the phone, the AI declares Vendetta.

Comment

Maybe he just doesn't like your social choices..?

Comment

No high weapon rovers were available, but an elite probe cruiser was...

500 stolen credits and a frame up later, Morgan was contacting me for aid against his traitorous former pactmate Deidre.

Problem solved...
              No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
              X