A.I. Social Enginering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A.I. Social Enginering

If you set up a few games where all the A.I. players have the tech and money to choose all social choices, which choices do the different factions come up with/ have a tendence for?
    Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Well, every faction has its preferred SE choice and another one that they can't adopt. For instance, the Hive always go for Police State and cannot use Democracy. You can find this info in the faction profiles.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Hmm, Yes I know about the built in system for each faction. However, it seems to me that most of the A.I.'s will choose a Wealth/Planned/Eudaimonic combo at least in the early game. Of course it's interesting to see which factions break that pattern and choose Thought Control/Police State right off the bat.

Comment

I can tell which SEs some factions never choose.

Belivers - demo, police state
        Hive - demo, fundy
        Spartan - Wealth, Knowledge
        UoP - Wealth, Power
        Morgan - green, planned
        Gaians - FM, planned
        PKs - police state, fundy
        It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Basically if there's a given SE choice that a faction has an affinity towards, then you can usually bet that the faction will never choose ANY OTHER SE choice on the same row. eg Lal, who leans towards Democratic politics, will never opt for PS or Fundy in the politics row.

I believe the Hive will always gravitate towards a PS/Planned combo, because of their immunity to EFFIC penalties. I've seen the AI play Yang as a PS/Planned/Power creature quite often, even though that's rarely the way I would go.
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Good question - the only times I've ever seen the AI acquire future society techs is when they are my submissives and I gave them the tech. By that point I'm not really paying attention to their SE choices.

I would supect they'd have a strong tendency toward Eudaemonia, given their penchant for seeking the +2 econ. But knowing the A-not-I, they still go FM, build tons of needlejets, and cripple their bases with drones (like they always do).

And it always surprises me how infrequently the Green AI factions use Green economy. Makes me think the AI would run Dee and Fungboy as FM if they weren't restricted . . .

Comment

Aki won't run Eudaimonia, at least not AFAIK. I've seen Lal running Thought Control, which I thought was completely contrary to his ideology, but what ya gonna do.
              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Of course Morgan using Free Market is a tactical suicide, but who knows what's in the AI minds
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Clear Skies
                  Aki won't run Eudaimonia, at least not AFAIK. I've seen Lal running Thought Control, which I thought was completely contrary to his ideology, but what ya gonna do.
                  Aki won't run Eudo simply because her faction preference is cybernetic, which is a "competing" SE on "future society level"

Comment

Originally posted by Datajack Franit
                    Of course Morgan using Free Market is a tactical suicide, but who knows what's in the AI minds
                    Morgan running Free Market possibly would be a suide move if the AI is playing. A human can make this move worth while, trust me.

Comment

Poor A.I. Morgan. Loves Free Market and Needle Jets.

Comment

A combo that really, really doesn't work But then when do the AI's strategies ever work?
                        Something tells me I shouldn't be posting on Poly when I'm down in Oxford having interviews, but hell, I've got free time and nothing better to do so why not
                        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Best of luck, Clear Skies!

May you have the offer you deserve, and, unlike me, actually achieve it in your A levels!
                          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Working...
                          X