Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ascetic Virtue - Who here likes this SP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its definitely a project I have great appreciation for. Especially when Spartans (already +1 Police) and Hive (designed for police state). And relaxed pop limit means more energy and minerals brought back to the base.

I hold high regard for everything about it from its effects to Yang's blurb related to it.
    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yang's blurb is indeed very great...

As for me, AV is one of the SPs I want to have, but not must-have. Every bonus in SE settings is very good and must be considered, as it can often make your SE choices more flexible.

Comment

I am also a great fan of the Ascetic Virtue.

Mostly for the reason most of you mentioned ( + police for Yang, Santiago or any other under FM).

But this SP really shines in the hand of the UN peackeeper.

It magnigies one their best bonus => +2 pop per bases augmenting it to +4 per bases !!! ==>> SUPER BASES !!

And this in turn , further ehance their other bonuses.
        More pop equal more votes for planetary governor and more importantly for a blietzkrieg diplomatic victory.

Also, by allowing so much more pop per bases and with the bonus to police, it greatly reduce the penalty in effiency for the UN, first because they can get more energy with less bases and second because they will get less drones thanks to the police bonus and the fact that they need less bases.

Comment

Working...
        X