Pushing for Peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushing for Peace

I really do try to be at peace with the AI players as much as possible. I'll even give them what they want to get that peace: "String Disruptors Miriam? Sure!!"

Do you try to be at peace in your solo games? Or do you just crush all?

I try to hold Peace till War is on my Terms
    I do have some Limits though..
    No Chaos Gun/ No too good Armor but otherwise sure.
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

There ARE some SMAC Challenges which have "No War ever on Chiron" in their requisite goals...

(yes, I think this was meant not even between AI factions!....)
      I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

I only try to maintain my integrity at noble, so i don't declare war on anyone, this usually means i'll have the hive and believers wiped out pretty soon persisten bast****
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

I try to maintain peace as much as possible, unless I start next to Miriam or Yang, in which case I have to smash them as quick as I can.

Like Mr. Brain said, I try to engage in wars only on my terms, so I usually give in to any demands, provided they are not too absurd.
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Also, there is always peace if your oppounts become submissive pact mates
            (+1)

Comment

Im no Big Friend of Submissive Pact Mates
              They tend to build bases wehere I dont want.. you cant really give them Tech 'cause they
              A) cant Protect it
              b) Tend to give it away on absurd Trades
              (Space Flight against Silksteel?) Eek..

:=)
              Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Don't give tech away to submissives. Selling it is a good way to raise some emergency cash, as they'll go into a negative energy balance to buy tech.

Comment

i think a better idea is to give them tech so that they can do some of your research for you, and then they'll stay loyal to you. no that i've ever had a submissive (even miriam) rebel, but they're better to keep around, not to suck the life out of

Comment

Annunikoba-what happened to your messed up avatars?
                    Why Kain?

Anyway, to answer your question...no I don't make peace. I play the Human Hive. Any faction that doesn't submit to my rule should be squashed before my might and eradicated. PK's, Believers, anyone who opposes me gets SINGULARITY planet-bustered.

No peace for your most hated foes.
                    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                    *****Citizen of the Hive****
                    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

I only like the peace of deterrence. And I get really mad when other leaders demand money and technology.
                      Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Whether or not I try and maintain peace depends on the faction I'm using.

If I'm Peacekeepers, University or Gaians, I'll usually be allied to the other two of those, with Spartans and Morganites as neutral (if not destroyed already), and the Hive and Believers as blood enemies (if I haven't for some reason destroyed them already).

As the Spartans or Hive, I don't really care about the politics of the other factions myself. If they try shoving me around, I'll roll my mighty war machine right over their frail, insignificant peoples.

As the Morganites or Believers, I try and maintain peace with EVERYONE, probing the enemy and framing other factions for the probe actions. It really helps when everyone else is at each other's throats and I happen to be the only leader at peace with them all to get the necessary votes for any Planetary Governor or Supreme Leader elections.
                        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                          Annunikoba-what happened to your messed up avatars?
                          Why Kain?
                          He's just better for the Halloween season

I guess it doesn't help that I play the PKs a lot. Might explain my tendency towards peace. But really, I just like to draw out my games as long as possible, because they are usually over too fast when playing solo.

Funny though, but I must do something to keep Miriam on good terms, cause she tends not to hate me.

Comment

I never guive tech to a submissive faction and if they build cities in unhelpful places its easy to just demand that they hand them over and generally they will. Occasionally you have to buy the cities off them but in that case you just demand the cash back.

Submissive pact mates are a fantastic way to keep youir bank balance up - not just the extra trade but if you demend they hand their cash over they do so you also get their income - makes it worthwhile to hand their empires back unmolested after you have beated seven shades of **** out of them. Also there are extra points for pactmates when you have won a game...
                            (+1)

Comment

I used to never give in to any computer demands, but now I tend to groom a few AI factions for pact mates, if I think I can keep them happy with my SE choices. From there I'll find other factions that I would like to trade with and pound them into submission, then give them back all their bases. I once tried teching up my bases and giving techs to my submissives and pact mates, but I found that not only did they do didly squat with the advances I gave them, but they produced excessive eco-damage, and started causing global warming. Now I only trade tech with pact mates. I will occasionally give a tech or two to submissives, but only if its fairly well back of my lead, and I don't mind it falling into enemy hands.

Comment

Working...
                              X