Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Highest number of tech advances in a single turn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sheesh....i cant recall popping more than a dozen or so AAs in a game, and more than a few are usually gobbled up by mindworms. Popping 23 seems a godsend for your Nodes or Translator. I usually lay off pod-popping after awhile in favor of building infrastucture and military. Maybe i should amend that strategy to take advantage of the possibility to get more AAs and other goodies.
    "you better shape up, tiger, or some hotshot jap pilot is gonna flame your ass!"

Comment

I usually get four/five Transcendental thoughts a turn while I build the Ascent to Transcendance, but this is on pure research, not helped with tradings/AA/secrets/etc...
      "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
      "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

My record is propably 5 or 6...
        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandemoniak
          I usually get four/five Transcendental thoughts a turn while I build the Ascent to Transcendance...
          What?
          You don't build the Ascent in a single turn after the Voice?
          I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Originally posted by MariOne

What?
            A good reason for not doing so is that fungal blooms no longer produce native life after the Voice, so you can increase mineral use exponentially (flooding the planet with fungus).

If you have the Manifold Nexus (and ideally are the Gaians), this can be a fun time to get your revenge on enemies...

Comment

We're not all obsessive micromanaging control freaks like you.

Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Plus with four/five techs a turn, you get more score than achieving Transcendance earlier. I even slow down the constru tion, sometimes
                "Just because you're paranoid doesnt mean there's not someone following me..."
                "I shall return and I shall be billions"

Comment

But there is a risk that your opponents build the ascend to transcendence... And that's not very desireable.

So, you shouldn't slow production too much.
                  I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

As I suspected, you all don't play for winning, but fiddle around for increasing your score.....

Go figure that the great Misotu used to complete *more than one* Ascent at the same time, just to be safe in case one of her opponents sabotaged/destroyed one of them...
                    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Just in case anybody had assumed I was a serious player, I'll admit that I have never researched more than one tech per turn.
                      "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
                      "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
                      - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. President

We're not all obsessive micromanaging control freaks like you.

We aren't? ****! I thought that was obligatory.

3 techs in one go is the most I managed on pure research without using artifacts or getting free extra techs, Its not that hard if you have 50/60 +16 cities.
                        (+1)

Comment

I'm getting about 1.5 a turn in DT10 now, but that's the most I've ever managed. And yes, I tend to build the Ascent immediately after the voice.
                          The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                          Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                          All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                          "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Frequently get up to 2/ turn at the end, depending upon faction. And if you want to avoid people stealing the Ascent, just slow down the construction of the Voice. Stall, get your growth and transcendent thoughts, but be ready for the final push. Have other high-min bases cranking out quantum 3r drop rover supply units (80-ish mins) and fly them in for the insta-Transcendence.

Comment

Working...
                            X