No announcement yet.

No land-based bonus resources appearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I've been waiting to hear. So, you can verify that when you play with pod scattering on, you do at least have some visible bonus resources? My problem is that I don't. There are absolutely no visible bonus resources in my games.

Comment

Verified. I can't duplicate your situation.
      I've just now tried several combinations of different map sizes with pods on and off. Every time I've had a mixture of visible bonuses and pods.
      I would try this: un-install the game, delete the folders, and re-install (full install if possible), and, of course, apply the relevant patch!
      Save any downloaded or home-brewed files in another directory before deleting the SMAC folders.
      For the patch to work properly (SMAC v4, I don't know if this applies to SMAX v2):
      • Install the game from the CD.
      • Play one turn of any type of game (the parameters don't matter).
      • Exit the program (don't bother saving the game).
      • Install the patch.
      I don't remember where I read that or what reasons were given, but it made a difference when I forgot to do it this way once. I had a devil of a time until I realized I hadn't played a turn before patching.
      edit: I wrote all this, then remembered you're an a Mac, so there might not be a patch? But a reinstall after deleting the folders might work
      I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Working...
      X