X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascent to Transcendence, cannot build

Here's the background...

<b>In Game</b>
    There's only me, Santiago, and Zakharov left on Planet. We are all pactmates.

Miriam, Lal, and Deidre have been eliminated by singularity planet busters (Miriam alone took 5, but we still needed to conquer the remaining bases).

Basically, Planet is a mess with craters <b>everywhere</b>.

As for research, I'm in the lead with all for research groups at 100%. Right now all I'm researching is the last tech anyone can research and I think I'm at '16' right now.

I've built the Voice of Planet and all I need to do is build the last SP that will let me transcend....but the game won't let me!!!! Can anyone help me???

<b>Out of Game</b>,

I'm using my friends comp to play AC but we are not using a disk. We are running straight from the hard drive and are playing the first version of AC with NO patches. I want to beat the game but i just keep on getting that last research project (I think it is under 'Discover') and I'm getting pretty fed up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Sorry, forgot to mention that Planet is going amok and all the surviving factions are being overrun by mindworms. My territory alone has lost at least 3 Hive cities due to overwhelming mindworm invasion.

Also, all the Interludes have played (the last one was the one stating that the first faction to 'Ascend' will become immortal)

Hope this helps...
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically

Comment

Re: Ascent to Transcendence, cannot build

Originally posted by frankychan
      I'm using my friends comp to play
      if this is the case (and this might sound obvious), then perhaps transcendence victory isn't enabled? it still lets you build the voice, IIRC.

Comment

well,

All the winning options are available and I have yet to see the option for me to be voted Supreme Leader. Also, if we are all pactmates, shouldn't the game have ended? So....basically, will I have to get rid of EVERYONE for me to win?

Comment

That's a good point...are you sure you haven't "accidently" won already, and aren't playing "just a few more turns"??

Z

Comment

Can you attach a save? I'd like to see what the Planet looks like after all that punishment.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by frankychan
              well,

All the winning options are available...
              Are you sure you're not confusing "available" with "enabled"? That is, a Victory becomes available on discovery of the required tech, but it also has to be enabled in the game rules when you setup the game.

... and I have yet to see the option for me to be voted Supreme Leader
              Do you mean that even after discovering the requisite tech, when you click on the "council" button you don't see the "Unite behind me..." agenda to choose?
              This would mean two things:
              - either you are not eligible - you must be one of the two factions with the most votes (as you can only ask to vote for SL for yourself, you don't see the option if you can't run for it, unlike normal elections)
              - or definitely this could prove that Diplomatic Victory has been disabled for that game, and hint that the same goes with Transcendence

Also, if we are all pactmates, shouldn't the game have ended?
              Not exactly.
              A conquest victory can be shared by at most *3* pacted factions (*including* the winner).
              If the all-pacted players are 4 or more, you will need to eliminate the ones in excess, for the game to end.

So....basically, will I have to get rid of EVERYONE for me to win?
              See above.
              ALSO remember that in case of AI opponents (doesn't work with human-controlled factions) you don't actually require to physically get rid of them: making them submissive also counts as elimination for Conquest Victory purposes.
              I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Sorry, when replying I overlooked that you clearly stated there were only 3 factions left in the game.
                This looks like al,so Conquest Victory has been disabled in the rules of that game...

I wonder, did your friend set to win by Economic Victory only????

Also, why don't you download the patch? That would help in general...
                I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

For me, it looks like an unnoticed victory by conquest... The factions are pacted. So if conquest victory *and* cooperative victory are both enabled in the options, the game is won by conquest. The same if the other two factions have surrendered and there was no cooperative victory possible. - You can try to do an economic victory. Press , (comma) and the program should tell you about how much Euros are missing to get the victory. I wonder what happens if the game is already won.
                  Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Thanks guys...here's the heads up.

Like I said, we aren't playing with a disk. (Could this be a problem?) As for the different victories, AFAIK all were enabled.

For the Supreme Leader- Seeing as how I am the faction with the most votes, shouldn't I be the one to be elected? All tech has been researched but I don't see any option for Vote for Supreme Leader.

As for an unnoticed win, there was no notice that told me that we won OR gave me an option to keep playing. I'm tired, I wanna win, but aint happening.

Kass-Hi ya! Do I just attach it like I would a pic? All I know is that Miriam took 5 singularity busters and STILL kept coming! Oceans are rising at 833 feet/meters/whatever over the next 20 years PLUS an extra 322. (There were two messages one turn after the next). Basically Planet is a mess and I want to win before everyone else goes underwater.

Comment

Drowning victory - Planet has won.
                      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Working...
                      X