A curious question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A curious question?

I am curious is there anyone who plays SMAC or SMACX anymore? It seems everyone is playing that make believe game commonly called the democracy game of smac? I have plans for a very extensive mod for smacx if there are players. I will have 2 versions one for MP and one for single play. I am hoping that people still like to play "real" games and not a fictional one Seems these democracy game is the only headlines on this site these days. Myself I need graphics not an old paper D&D style game. But what do I know I am an outsider looking in bewilderment at something I do not understand.
    I am hoping that there is interest before I complete the mod.
    Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
    Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Bring it on! I play SMAC almost daily. The Democracy game is there to boost up activity here, to bring in more registered members, to increase interest in SMAC, and of course, to get bigger postcounts.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

demo games aren't make-believe . its just, only one person physically plays it, and we havn't started yet.

myself, i do both, and use what i do in SP in the demo game.

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
      to get bigger postcounts

Comment

lots of players still active-- just check out the MP forum here-- its slower as it is summer but there are literally dozens of active games
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

TKG, PC is the only reason we even spend time on 'Poly, am I right?
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

well, i wouldn't go that far

Comment

True... I mean, most people would then quit posting at Emperor... 'cause Deity is just impossible without OT posts counting.

Comment

I am shocked!

Shocked and pleased all at the same time. I had no idea that anyone let alone 12 or more people still playing SMAC & SMACX. I had burnt out on SMACX trying to make a scenario and factions to populate it. The constant day in day out testing of different aspects just made me literally hate the game. That was about 6 months before civ3 hit the shelves. Civ3 came, I expected a lot I guess. I mean I expected, good things of civ2 and all the great things you can do in SMAC & SMACX. I will stop there you all know the story, diplomacy simply sucks in Civ3. Very hard to make mods with it, still fun to play, I am part of a team making mods and scenarios for it. I am hearing rumors that the PTW will solve a bunch of issues. I will believe that when my own eyes.
                I am in the process of making a unigue scenario and along with or slightly later a mod that will also be unique. My friend and I want to bring new life into SMACX (hopefully ) Thanks for the quick reply I appreciate it. One question though, where are the web sites that used to be up carrying all of the files? Poly isn't updating his files no more at all. Sometime this fall I will be releasing a beta of my scenario. Only 3 MP and single player mission too.
                Thanks ~ Desert Fox (Real Nickname)
                Fleet Admiral - NeoTech Games Network - Game News & Game Modding Community

Comment

DD;

Also visit:

and:

There's still an active PBEM community of, I'd say, 50 or so in PBEMs on the three forums

G.

Comment

I often restrict myself posting at Apolyton only to have more time to play SMAX.
                    Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

I can't play on my computer because my SO hogs it to play SMACX.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Sometimes I get tired of SMAC for a week or two and play Test of Time or SimCity, but I always come back in the end.
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Sometimes I get tired of SMAC for a week or two and play Test of Time or SimCity, but I always come back in the end.
                          Happens also sometimes to me. Then it is time for Might and Magic (mostly 6 and 7) or more Apolyton.
                          Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

I got bored of playing SMAC about a half year ago (after playing for about 1.5 years ), so I only play a couple of games a month, usually the CGN challenge.

Warcraft 3 currentely occupies most of my gaming time.

Comment

/em hijacks thread

I got WCIII, and I enjoyed the single player, but I'd hardly call it a strategy game, when there's only one way to win: build fast and kill the most creeps. Whoever has the toughest hero wins, every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X