WVE Movie Files?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WVE Movie Files?

does anyone know what programs (other than SMAC ) will play the .WVE movies? these are the SP movies and some others that come with the game. try to open them and i get the "open with..." window.

You can play them by going into the directory with them in and click-dragging them onto the playuv15.exe file. They should open automatically.
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

You can play any of the SP movies via the scenario editor. Just click on the "create scenario" option, then when the empty ocean comes up, click on "scenario" on the left hand menu , then within that drop down menu is "play movies"

If you have smax, in the movie list, click on "Empty SP movie # 38" - it's one that never made it to the game, but is a 3rd party witnessing transcendence from afar - neat

G.

Comment

Yay It looks like a Drone looking at the AtT
        Funny as Domai only appeared in SmacX
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

thanks CS. it wasn't really what i was going for, but that's fine. i was thinking perhaps windows media player or something (i wanted to take a screenshot, but it won't work this way).

Comment

Sure you can!

TKG wrote:
            (i wanted to take a screenshot, but it won't work this way).
            You really can !
            At the moment you want to capture, press the Print Screen button on your keyboard (on mine it's labelled Print Screen/SysRq and is in the top row just after F12, before Scroll Lock, above Insert).
            Then go straight into your graphics program and press Ctrl+V (or in the program's menu click Edit then Paste). For me it works best if I have the graphics program open already. Then I simply Alt+Tab to it immediately after pressing Print Screen.
            My reaction time sucks, so sometimes I have to replay the movie 4 or 5 times before I get the shot I want, and that's with my finger on the Print Screen button from the get-go.
            I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

no, it doesn't work. all i get is a totally black image

Comment

Working...
              X