Sound not on in PP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound not on in PP

Okay I've been living with this problem on PP [planetary pack], but I can't stand it anymore! The sound on PP on works during SP movies. however the combat and other noises aren't wotking. Please assist

I'll give it a shot.

My best guess:
    Menu > Game > Audio/Visual Preferences (hotkey Ctrl+I).
    There are four On/Off switches with volume sliders: Main, Voice, SFX, Music.

Main, if Off, turns off all four items.
    Voice is the announcements and blurbs.
    SFX is the movement and battle sounds.
    Music is the ambient background.

Mine are all turned On, and pushed all the way over to the right, at maximum.
    I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

Wots planatary pack? I have smac and smax but never heard of PP.
      (+1)

Comment

Well tahnx for the adivce gwillybj. Spartak, Planetary Pack is both SMAC and SMAX on 1 disc. I checked it out at my LIBRARY. So that's what I mean.

Comment

Could be a sound card thing. Some cheaper soundcards only allow sound to be played from one source at a time (i.e. my old sound card). This means if you have winamp running or some other application using your card sounds won't play. However, this does not apply to sounds played off the CD ROM and a handful of other sounds as in music CD's or in this case SMAC movies. I'm not sure exactly why some play and some don't but I do remember that if I had winamp running the only sound I would get from SMAC was for the movies.

I would check to see if you have any other stuff running before you start up SMAC.
          "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Well it works one the SMAC but not in SMAX

Comment

Working...
            X