sound problems with WinXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound problems with WinXP

Okay I downloaded the lastest drivers for my sound card (SB Live! Value), which are the drivers for the xp os. And smac still has sound problems. When I discover a tech or any time audio is used, sometimes it will be fine, others the sound will have static and the sound file will loop (repeat) like how you sign 'row, row, row your boat'. Can anybody help here?

Most commonly with a SB card the sound problem in smac-x is casued by the suround sound program EAX. Try adding the line EAX=0 to your alpha.ini file. This fixes it about 3/4 of the time with the only side effect being that the alien sound a somewhat duller.
    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

This thread at civfanatics
      I am having problems with sound overlapping and scratchiness when faction leaders are speaking. I am running WinXP and have latest patches. Any ideas? Thanks again

deals with this fix and with more complicated sound problems.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
      X