AIs bases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIs bases

Have you ever wondered why the AI builds ist bases so near each other! It's really annoying when I have to conquer about 10 bases in an iceland where I'd place 3 bases. As their bases cant grow they are left behind me in reserch and I'm planning singularity stuff when they play with their impact artillery!
    Just walk away.

My bases are really close together, and it doesn't affect my strategy/research at all. Since they are closer together, they are better defended. Since it takes forever before they begin to use all their squares, it doesn't affect my strategy.
    Honestly, close bases is an effective strategy, frequently used to great effect in MP.

Comment

Re: AIs bases

Originally posted by Hippi
      As their bases cant grow they are left behind me in reserch and I'm planning singularity stuff when they play with their impact artillery!
      What difficulty do you play?

Having many bases is rather cumbersome, because even though you receive the same amount of resources altogether (and can support more with, say, four units free per base - then many bases is useful when at war) but remember that you will get extra drones when you cross a certain limit of base amount, the limit depending on your efficiency rating.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Have you ever wondered why the AI builds ist bases so near each other! (...)
        Interestingly enough, one of my major complaints about the AI is it doesn't place it's bases close enough, with the exception of Yang.

In any case, more bases = more production, and 'overcrowding' isn't really a problem unless you place bases REALLY close (like 1 base every 4 tiles).

The AI bases cant grow, not because of overcrowding, but because of abysmal terraforming and lack of essential infrastructure (like rec tanks, drone control, tree farm etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
          Interestingly enough, one of my major complaints about the AI is it doesn't place it's bases close enough, with the exception of Yang. In any case, more bases = more production, and 'overcrowding' isn't really a problem unless you place bases REALLY close (like 1 base every 4 tiles). . . .
          I thought that was more or less the standard for close, Yang-like spacing, not an exaggerated variant .

Comment

Actually, I meant spacing like this:

#B#B
            ####
            #B#B
            ####

The B's are bases, and there is 1 base for every 4 tiles - literally.

Comment

Working...
            X