Weird Mindworm!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Mindworm!!

I've played SMAC/X for 2 1/2 years and I've NEVER seen a mindworm like this! Here is a screenshot (many thanks to Black Sunrise for informing on the intricacies of saving screen shots!).

Hydro
    Attached Files

hmm, this black thing is one of the countless grafix which are not used in smac. it could be a mindworm base (if it isn't moving).

Comment

As Tres posted - it is just a left over from the early beta version of the game (someone forgot to clean up, tut, tut, tut ). If you open up Units.pcx or even Unitsx.pcx you will still see left overs from the beta version, even in AX! ALso some other pcx files have no known use whatsoever... (except to give mod-makers some ideas )
      ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
      ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Thats a new one for me.

Comment

According to the pic, it's a scout patrol!
          (1-1-1)

Indra

Comment

Sure enough, this little jewel is in Units.pcx. This file seems to contain mainly native units from SMAX. It does have a ‘1-1-1’, so I guess it is a left over Usurper/Caretaker unit. Very strange! Thanks for the info!

Hydro

Comment

I got it once too. I think it was when I opened a smac scenario using smax or visa-versa. Eventually the game became unstable, and I couldn't continue. I got a terranx crash that I couldn't avoid.
              Team 'Poly

Comment

in my current MP SMACX game "Democracy in peril" all my trawlers (seacrawlers) have that image.
                It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

I remember some mod with intelligent advanced mindworms who had bases. Maybe them.
                  How is it possible for that thing to just show up? Can it take place in a "normal" game situation? Why does it show up randomly?
                  in my current MP SMACX game "Democracy in peril" all my trawlers (seacrawlers) have that image.
                  Is it a bug? Are you using some mod?
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Googlie is the creator and moderator of the game. Ask him.
                    It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

I have actually seen that particular visual crop up in a couple of games as the picture for different units in the design workshop ( I think once it purported to be the visual for a transport foil). I found that if I deleted that unit from the design workshop and then redesigned the same unit from some lesser unit on the same (proper) chassis, the graphic straightened itself out.

I had never had it appear in the game itself although I am assuming if I had built the thing without changing it in the DW I could have had one of these things
                      You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Do you think that unit was an early colony pod? If you look at the alien colony pods in SMAX they look very simmilar to that unit.

I have also seen that unit appear in my games. Twice have I seen it, and both times it was a '3-1-1' unit belonging to Sister Miriam. Must change equitment depending on the owner, but there isn't any weapon with a value of '3'.
                        Don't rule me out when I'm losing. Save your celebration until after I'm gone.

Comment

Like big_canuk, I have only seen these while accidently playing a SMAC scenario on SMACX.

For reasons I don't understand, some people have named these units "boils".

Comment

This thing's new to me, but the Believers once came at me with a Fungicidal Laser Foil.
                            Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFred
                              Like big_canuk, I have only seen these while accidently playing a SMAC scenario on SMACX.
                              Yes, it's a wrong-version thing. IIRC, they never attack. I captured some in a Gaisns-vs-Morgan scenario and they made lousy pets . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X