Atrocities & Pollution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atrocities & Pollution

Does anyone know whether atrocities like Nerve Gas and stapling cause any pollution? I've heard people talk about it, but I've never seen it, so I'd like to know.

Nukes certainly do ;-)
    AFAIK all atrocities create eco-damage... pretty uncool. Centauri Preserves are your friend.

Comment

Do CPs actually help against atrocities? I thought they only worked against over generation of minerals.

Comment

CPs, TFs, HFs, and ToPs all help avoid atrocity ED, but not directly. They help by increasing the number of clean mins you can harvest before incurring ED. This is countered by atrocities, which reduce the number of clean mins you can harvest.

IIRC, PBs reduce the clean min count by 5 for each one used. As far as nerve stapling and nerve gas, they also do the same, but no one has put forth a valid theory as to how much they each affect ED.

So, you could build 5 CPs ahead of using a PB and incur no ED penalty for nuking your opponents HQ. Other than REALLY making him mad, that is.
        "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
        "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
        "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

atricity only affect ED when the UN Chart is enforced. If the UN chart is repealed then ED won't arise.
          It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Originally posted by knowhow2
            atricity only affect ED when the UN Chart is enforced. If the UN chart is repealed then ED won't arise.
            Well that's strange since when does Planet participate in the UN Council?
            ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
            ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

Why would Planet care if the intruders killed eachother with nervegas or slaughter entire bases with citiziens?

Comment

I believe I conducted an experiment by nerve stapling all my captured bases and did not experience any increased ED (plenty of sanctions though). However, it is possible that my supply of captured bases in this game (IIRC it was only about 5?) was insufficient to cross some threshhold.

Comment

Originally posted by knowhow2
                  Why would Planet care if the intruders killed eachother with nervegas or slaughter entire bases with citiziens?
                  Because nerve gas is a POISON. A POISON GAS, to be exact. And releasing large quantities of a POISON into the atmosphere is a good way of poluting that atmosphere.
                  And Planet cares because Planet is a Psychic entity. Mindworms are attracted to unassimilated thought pattern. Lots of thought create resonances. Resonances of agony and death are disquieting.
                  In short, Planet cares because Planet is alive. And as such, the agony and death on it's surface affect it's thoughts the way an ice pick stuck into your brain would affect your thoughts.

Indra

Comment

Then we are talking about Enviroment and not atrocity against makind. Agree?

Comment

As someone else pointed out. Does repealing the Atrocity ban via the Council prevent pollution from Nerve Gas? It probably has no effect on PBs but maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by Yxklyx
                        As someone else pointed out. Does repealing the Atrocity ban via the Council prevent pollution from Nerve Gas? It probably has no effect on PBs but maybe...
                        ive PBed like mad some games and not seen an increase in ecodamage. but, when the charter is still in effect, i see great increases in ecodmg.

Comment

Working...
                        X