Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the fiction forum work?

Sorry folks,

I've been 'eye-balling' the fiction forum for some time now but I don't know the rules there. Can anyone create a story there? How does the posts work for other story's, can you just read the story and post your own thread, or do you need to consent w/the original threadmaker? Can someone show me the ropes, pleeeeze?
    Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
    Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
    *****Citizen of the Hive****
    "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

frankychan,

First, you may want to post your threads in the Fiction Forum!!

Can anyone post a story? YES! Please do!

There are two types of fiction: single-author and group author. The threads that have very large post counts and multiple posters (an old crusty is Spartan Chronicles, and a more recent and energetic version is Chiron Chronicles) may be open to new posters. Many of the others are single author (Wizard of Chiron, Joe, Forgotten Faction, Unity, to mention only a few). These are closed, and it would be extremely rude to post on them. Generally there are comment threads, or you can create a thread to comment, ask suggestions, or what-have-you. I can assure you that any of the authors enjoys comments, if for no other reason that to prove that their hard work is being noticed, and appreciated.

If you are interested in joining a multi-author fiction thread I suggest you post in a comment thread or send an e-mail to one or more of the regular authors. It is always nice to have a new face, and new ideas, so welcome aboard!

Hydro

Comment

the Chiron Chronicles would welcome new posters. Just post in our discussion thread.

I suggest that you go back through the pages and investigate eariler stories. Hope to see you there
      Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

Thanks Sprayber & Hydro

Thanks guys,

Sorry, I have another question. How do potential contributors know if the thread is closed or not?
        Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

In the multi author threads, there is usually a dicussion/comments thread where everyone gets together to dicuss various things about the on going story. Like I said that is where you want to make yourself known in. The only way to know if a story is on going is to go by last date post. The Spartan Chronicle's is an older story. The authors post less in that one cause of various other projects, so the dicussion/comment thread doesn't get posted in as much as CC which usually is updated everday. There was an attempt to start a new multi-author thread a few months ago but it never go off the ground. Never post in someones story thread. Some have to "bump" the thread up to the top. But usually it isn't the proper thing to do.

To simply answer you question. If the thread is dead, it will drop out of sight and be fall past the veil of 5 days.

Are you looking for a story to join? CC is curently in need of at least one writer right now. Maybe two. In the next few months we will be needing a writer for the alien factions. So stop by and introduce yourself. [LordLMP] and Darkcloud act as the game thread moderators. Are you familar with the alien crossfire factions?
          Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh

Comment

frankychan,

The easiest way to know if a thread is closed or not is to ask in a Comments thread or in an e-mail to someone you can see is an author. Once you get a bit of feedback from current authors, and get a feeling for the ground rules, then jump right in!

Hydro

Comment

Working...
            X