No announcement yet.

Pirate Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really, Sikander???????? Then for me the biggest reason why I don't use Planned for the PKs but especially the Pirates is gone. After all, in the early game the Pirates get most out of their income out of pod energy. What do you think: would it be a reasonable tactic: Planned Piracy? Or am I just talking nonsense?
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

I don't think Planned is a bad choice for any faction in the early going. It helps the two factors you need the most - growth and industry. When you only have a handful of bases, efficiency's not such a big deal. If you're the Pirates, or the PKs, just make sure you keep your energy allocation at 50/50! Works OK for me.

Comment

M@ni@c,

I don't use Planned much as the Pirates (with the exception of pop booms), mainly because my early bases tend to be farther apart than with other factions, and -3 efficiency is pretty severe. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, but I tend to run mostly frontier settings for quite a while, though I like to use Democracy when I get it in order to rid myself of that -1 growth and eficiency. Also it comes in handy to have mostly frontier settings for a while in order to make diplomacy work for me. As a tech broker I can often get a lot of good trades in before my switch to more efficient SE settings starts to pi$$ the other factions off.
        He's got the Midas touch.
        But he touched it too much!
        Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Sikander,

So if I understand you right, unlike Blake, you do sometimes use Democratic early. Then how do you deal with the -2 Support?
          Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
          Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Working...
          X