No announcement yet.

Subjugation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today the Believers were actually of use to me.
    I sort of tried to play One-City-Challenge as Morgan, but somehow I just conquered Santiago's only base right next to me, but I sticked with the two bases to the end, to make it at least interesting.
    Now, Miriam was useful, because she surrounded my fledgling pair of bases with practically no military defense in exchange of lots of tech and dough. She was my pactmate to the end, so was Zak as I ran Fund-Free Marker-Knowledge, and Eudaimonic in the end.
    So, she's not such a bad nuisance, at least all the times.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Ha!

Johndmuller--no offense taken. No apology needed but I'll accept it anyway

I tend toward being the builder type but so far I've been using the Hive and it seems to be working pretty well. Of course, I'm playing at citizen level. I started a new game because I felt I'd done sloppy work with my formers in the original (saved it though) and Miriam was right beside me again! Lal too. Lal showed up upon our initial meeting with a severe case of attitude, threatening me over some stupid tech that he wanted. I finished wiping out the believers and am in the process of doing same to Lal's bunch of hippees. In my games thus far, the other factions haven't caused me any real problems.
      Your ad here!

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia
        Today the Believers were actually of use to me.
        I sort of tried to play One-City-Challenge as Morgan, but somehow I just conquered Santiago's only base right next to me, but I sticked with the two bases to the end, to make it at least interesting.
        Now, Miriam was useful, because she surrounded my fledgling pair of bases with practically no military defense in exchange of lots of tech and dough. She was my pactmate to the end, so was Zak as I ran Fund-Free Marker-Knowledge, and Eudaimonic in the end.
        So, she's not such a bad nuisance, at least all the times.
        That sounds almost exactly like my first OCC, which also ended up a 2CC. In my case Miriam overran the world because I kept her supplied with advanced weapons techs.

Miriam isn't really all that bad, she just has an unhealty obsession with Fundie.

Comment

And she wants all your EC's and techs. But I was generating more science with my first base then Zak with his continent-spread in total, and I got hunks of joules from FM, so she was happy.
          But if she would of turned against me... I ended up, as usual, transcending to victory.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by kassiopeia

What lvl of difficulty do you play, Ironwood? Just asking...
            Right now, Librarian, since I haven't played for a while. I haven't played extensively at Transcend, but have (and won) at Thinker. Maybe it happens more often at Transcend? Maybe I just haven't subjugated many agressive idologically opposed persons at higher levels.
            To those who understand,
            I extend my hand.
            To the doubtful I demand,
            Take me as I am.

Comment

Well all my serious backstabbings have occurred when playing Thinker and Transcend. It's quite relative to the difficult, I think it is one of the things that make the level more difficult then the lower ones.

Comment

Re: Subjugation

Originally posted by civcop
                Also, I just got needlejets. How do I get them to far-off places without losing them because they ran out of fuel?
                You may also want to consider turning off the game option that directs planes and choppers back to their bases at the beginning of the turn after you've moved them out into the open. I believe it is under the automated options list. This way you have two full turns of movement to reach a distance safe haven as opposed to one turn of movement and one turn of flying back to the base it just left last turn. This also allows you to perpetrate suicide chopper runs from vast distances because you only lose 15% (?) of the choppers health each turn it is outside of a base giving you 6 turns to reach its destination. More than enough on a standard sized map.

Comment

To wxpand on what WE said . . . i would always turn off that automatic "Return to base " function. Its annoying and will usually send a plane in exactly the opposite direction to that which you wanted
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

WE: Choppers loose 30% health each turn they expend their last movement point in the open. You can get 3 turns of movement and still have 10% of your health left.
                    "That which does not kill me, makes me stronger." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                    "That which does not kill me, missed." -- Anonymous war gamer
                    "I fear that we have awakened a sleeping giant and instilled in it a terrible resolve." - Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Comment

30%??? I don't remember it being that high. Hmmm...

Comment

Yes, I also remember it as being 30% each time. Still, enough to get your chopper quite far across the open land or sea . . .

Comment

And, if you use the "automatic" cheat, copters will actually gain health on the way. Ned
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                          X