probe-alicious, baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probe Destroy SP???

just a thought here from this discussion: is a completed SP considered a base facility in terms of Probe Sabotage actions? I don't think it is, but I wonder if a Probe can destroy an enemy SP? any thoughts on this one?
    TeknoMerc

Comment

security interlocks

Security interlocks are a feature of MP. (But I got the 2nd tech at 50 % odds anyway, hah)
      actually, i only play SP games, and i get that message after probing a base for techs. last night i think it appeared after i got one tech, although i could be wrong, it could have been after 2. anyway, looks like it happens in both MP and SP games, not just MP.

also, i was playing as roze (I LIKE ROZE!!!! SO THERE!) and the odds were still 50% with the interlocks on, even though my probe teams were good. so i think it's 50% no matter what.

ok, here's something else - i'm at "war" with yang (moron only has a few bases left, so it's pretty sad to still be fighting him). he made a new base and moved five units inside - 3 plasma garrisons and 2 laser squads (2-3-1). he also had 2 terraformers cruising around, in range of the base. so i total-thought-controlled the base, and got it! now, it was only 179 credits, and i got 5 units, plus 2 formers and the base itself. why was it so cheap? because it was a brand new base? i thought it was an incredible deal. so is it always a fixed amount for a base, regardless of the units inside?

drones to the left of me, spartans to the right - here i am, stuck in the middle with yang

Comment

Re: security interlocks

Originally posted by Bella Hella

ok, here's something else - i'm at "war" with yang (moron only has a few bases left, so it's pretty sad to still be fighting him). he made a new base and moved five units inside - 3 plasma garrisons and 2 laser squads (2-3-1). he also had 2 terraformers cruising around, in range of the base. so i total-thought-controlled the base, and got it! now, it was only 179 credits, and i got 5 units, plus 2 formers and the base itself. why was it so cheap? because it was a brand new base? i thought it was an incredible deal. so is it always a fixed amount for a base, regardless of the units inside?

have you checked his SE? if he has knowledge on then all his stuff would be cheaper (plus you're the angels). apart from that sometimes the cost is connected to the size of the base. I even think that it has ONLY to do with base facilities and not units within/nearby but then again I'm not sure.
        It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Probes can't destroy either an SP or a free facility given as a result of that SP (just like you can't sell an SP nor a free facility as a result of one)

G.

Comment

Something to be wary of is Interlocks are caused by any factions tech-steal action. Marr had assimilated Rozes empire, when I dropped by to steal his tech all his bases already had interlocks, apparetely Roze had already probe-raped him.

This can be used to give free interlocks for your submissives.

Comment

Working...
            X