AC replayability and longevity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC replayability and longevity

I just want to evaluate the average longevity SMAC(x) can offer ( or forcing the player to deal with! ). Of course it's definitely well above the average video game, but how?

For my part, I'd say 24 months and still running ( it's been 30+ months since SMAC's release in Q1 1999, but I had a hiatus of 6 months ).
    The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

2 Months.
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I started Smac about 2 yeaars ago, and I still thirst for it.
      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I've been playing SMAC since it was released and still play almost every day, although I now play SMAX.

Comment

A poll would be good for this question, but use hours rather than months. Some play 20 -10 hour days and then are done with it. Myself I'd say 300 hours SP, 300 more MP.

-Smack
          Visit Aldebaran:Aldebaranweb

Comment

Is it really possible to completely get tired and loose intrest with SMAX? I can tell you that after 30 hours straight you might want to take a week off. But you'll always come back for more. MP is pratically immortal.
            "What a piece of work is a man! How noble in reason! How infinite in faculty! In form and moving how express and admirable! In action how like an angel! In apprehension how like a God! The beauty of the world! The paragon of animals!" - Shakespeare

Comment

I'd say its longevity is pretty good. I got SMAC shortly after its release and played it incessantly for many months. Its bugs imposed a long hiatus on me crash-wise. But returning to the game post-SMAX has breathed new life into the game. I play in shorter bursts, with small breaks in between - but always find myself thinking about the next game I'll play (and who I'll be . . .)

Comment

Well, I bought SMAC right away when it was available in 1999; same thing with SMACX in 2000. Since then it never left my hard drive. Maybe the longest time without playing the game is 2 months (during summer vacation). I'm still enjoying it
                I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

over 2 years - not sure I'll bother buying civ III as I may not have the time to play it!

anyway - whatever happened to the aliens from TOT - how can you play a game where you can't be an alien?

Comment

I've been playing SMAC(X) since its release in early 1999 with a six-month "vacation". like some folks on this forum, I've done a bunch of mods.
                    TeknoMerc

Comment

13 month and still going strong......
                      well actually consider the playing rate I wouuld say that it feels like twice that time....
                      It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

I've only been playing for about 6 months, played about 3 games of SMAC before I decided that SMAX was more fun.

Comment

I've been playing off and on for almost two years. I have to rate this game as the finest computer game that I've ever played, though I probably haven't played it as much as Civ I yet. I am definitely still enjoying it, and there are very many things that I've yet to try.
                          He's got the Midas touch.
                          But he touched it too much!
                          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

After a year and a half (maybe two years) of playing, I have finally petered out a little bit. I don't even turn on my home PC for 2-3 weeks running now, but when I do I usually take a run at SMACX for 3-4 hours.
                            Fitz. (n.) Old English
                            1. Child born out of wedlock.
                            2. Bastard.

Comment

Working...
                            X