Axstart in 800x600?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axstart in 800x600?

I have SMAX fully installed w/ a no-cd 'fixed' .exe. My desktop shortcut points to axstart.exe, so it gives me the screen to choose ac or ax. I have the game updated to 2.0. When I run the shortcut, it always displays the 'choice screen' in 1024x768. Does anyone know how or if I can edit something to force that screen to display in 800x600? Thanx.
    Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

No, but I would really like to know how to get rid of that blasted CD. Ned
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Here are the URL's. I don't know which work, so I'll post a few. Its a .zip file, unzipped is just a replacement 'terranx.exe' file that you replace w/ the default. Backup the original first.

Since 2005, we have helped thousands of people get the perfect domain name.

Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

Re: Axstart in 800x600?

Originally posted by fluxcapacitor
        Does anyone know how or if I can edit something to force that screen to display in 800x600?
        Try this: in the "Alpha Centauri.ini" file, insert the following line: "Video Mode = 800"

Also, take a look at this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=23210
        "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

Thanx Darius. I've used that for a long time. I read that thread, and the consensus seems to be 1024. Prollem is my monitor is a cheap, generic Delta DC-770 POS 17", and when I go above 800x600, the refresh rates are so bad everything becomes blury.

That "video mode" addition of AC.ini I think has been around since the first SMAC revision. Also in the readme, for SMAX 2.0, is that "axstart.exe will now change to a resolution it supports", so obviously that's what's causing the screen to change on me. Anyone know how to override?

Comment

I don't understand. Do you mean the game itself is running at 800x600 the way you want it, but just the "choose your world" screen is at 1024x768?
            "I love justice, I hate iniquity. It is not my pleasure that the lower suffer injustice because of the higher." - Darius I, 550-486 BC

Comment

Yep, that's it.

Comment

You could always bypass the "choose your world" screen by pointing your desktop shortcut to terranx.exe instead of axstart.exe. If you want access to "classic" SMAC, create a second shortcut pointing to terran.exe.

Darius

Comment

Working...
                X