aliens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aliens

now i just got smax a couple days ago and i havn't had a chance to play the aliens yet. but it seems to me that not many people here like playing them. is it because the human AI's are programmed to kill the aliens right away? and to anyone who does/has played aliens i've just been wondering: can the aliens build the HGP? is it called the alien genome project ?

and why is it that fungboy calls me up and says that he has located the settlements of our former colleague marr. when were fungboy and marr ever colleagues? quite odd. also strange is when i ask to coordinate battle plans they say "i am not prepared to coordinate battle plans at this time" instead of "progenitor:not prepared coordinate battle plans now. you:call back later."

The answer is simple: Bugs, all of them...

I don't like the aliens because I can't emphasize with them, and it is a real headache having to destroy everyone I meet...

Comment

I agree with D_H. Having to kill everyone you meet eventually... sometimes that is a pain, especially when you get lucky enough to have the opposite next door and you squash him/her in a hurry. . But then... everyone goes after you. It gets tiresome after a while. You gotta beat them into submission just to get a moment's peace and quiet. If you want a conquest game, play the aliens. Otherwise...

Comment

I like playing a warrior's game with the aliens: I get these factions:

Spartans
        Hive
        Believers
        Pirates
        Cult
        Usurpers
        Caretakers

Then I play as caretakers and turn everyone on the Usurpers! lol

I actually enjoy playing as the aliens because of the energy grid and because you always have an enemy. I usually don't have that big of a problem with the aliens...though prolonged peace is impossible. Once, I eliminated the Usurpers with the Cyborgs' help, and there was world peace for maybe 50 years, but then the cyborgs, who were allied to me, just all of a sudden declared war...it was wierd. I guess the computer forced it to go to war because there had been too much peace.
        "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

dh: i believe you meant empathize, not emphasize
          "The only dangerous amount of alcohol is none"-Homer Simpson

Comment

I do believe i did.

*kicks monkey at typewriter*

Get it right!

Comment

Re: aliens

Originally posted by TKG
              and to anyone who does/has played aliens i've just been wondering: can the aliens build the HGP? is it called the alien genome project ?
              I actually pulled a friend's leg when playing hotseat with this... We were playing aliens, I caretakers and so on, and when we was about to hurry HGP, and I really wanted it, I said to him that what the hell are you doing with that? HUMAN Genome project! *Giggle* Was he pissed when he saw me hurry it!

Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

You tricky person, you!

Comment

Aliens are generally poor choices for game playing for several reasons:

1) when you play them, they are far too powerful
                  2) when the AI plays them, you can simply nerve gas them w/o penalty
                  3) they can sometimes glitch out and make treaties with enemy AI aliens

I pretty much avoid them at all costs. Nastly little buggers. BTW, happy birthday TKG

Comment

The "Alien doesn't treaty with you if you have treatied with the other alien"-thing doesn't work. I was warm and cozy with both aliens, until Marr backstabbed me of course, with the Data Angels and the Pirates... God I hate and love this game...
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'm just glad I can work out my meglomania in a game, and not in real life...

Comment

Working...
                      X