Install bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install bug

I have recently reformatted my drive,it needed it having not reinstalled windows or anything in like a year and a half. However,i SMAC wont install properly for me now! it gets to 10% then freezes,if i try and ctr alt del out it freezes my comp. Once (right after running everything/scan/program in Norton's utilities) i got it to 93%. Now,i can load it up and play but im still missing 7% of the files and sooner or later the damn thing is gonna poof or crash badly.

im in a PBEM gmae to and although i havent recieved my turn yet i will soon and i dont want to corrupt the save file.

Also when i try to install it gives me a uninstall error saying i wont be able to uninstall the game. Anyone have any clue whats going on? ive tried everything short of reinstalling windows/reformatting again.

I would check your SMAC disk. Is it scratched or damaged in any way? The same thing happened to me a year or so ago with CTP. It would load up to 98% and freeze. Fortunately CTP was a piece of crap so I just tossed the disk in the bin.

D4
    "I know nobody likes me...why do we have to have Valentines Day to emphasize it?"- Charlie Brown

Comment

This is weird, but I fixed that problem by updating my CD-ROM drivers.

Comment

What does your system have? Maybe that will give us some clues...
        ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
        ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

I have an amd 400 k62 with a 32x creative labs cdrom 20gig drive with 128 ram

Tried new drivers,tried everything ! through careful nurturing i got it to 97% last night,then my cd rom started popping up autoruns like no tomorrow. After closing about 30 of thos it started up got to 98% .....then poof locked up everything. Norton' antivirus cant find anything either =o i dont see any dirt or scratches on my disk but i suspect my cd rom is messed although it runs with other games i still have problems with it now and then (it randomly starts popping up the autorun of whatever disk is in there)

Comment

Working...
          X