No announcement yet.

getting emotional about it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to play Morgan's industrial faction, so Lal is actually about the best faction to have as a neighbor. He likes democratic government and doesn't usually get too upset by laissez-faire capitalism.

- Scipio
    Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

I think that what I really don't like about him is the way he seems to smirk at you. Oh, wait, they all do...

It's not that I don't like facing Lal, but I dislike the UN to the point that I refuse to play as them. I think I played one game for 3 turns and then quit.

Comment

*Raises hand sheepisly*
        I can suffice with Lal! The habitation complex limits relaxed, double vote at Elections and the general idea appeal to my dark side
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Traitor! Die!

*stabs with, um, something Lal probably would sanction against*

Comment

Dunno what the fuss is about, Peace & Love and United Nations , what more do you want ? By the way 'Lal' is Hindi for 'Beloved' (according to the episode of Star-Trek where Data creates his Daughter by the same name).
            Every positive value has it's price in negative terms - the genius of Einstein leads to Hiroshima.
            ---Pablo Picasso.

Comment

Well, Peace and Love are all very well, but the problem is Lal doesn't stick to them! He Peace and Loves all the way up until the very second he backstabs you!
              "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

With me, he doesn't even "Peace & Love" from the very beginning...you'd think if I was the first faction he met on Planet, he'd at least try to be a little more friendly and be nice long enough to get governor...

Comment

Well, I vary my SE choices by game phase, and I really hate people that won't cut me a break because of my SE choices, so the people I hate are:

Early Game (Demo, Planned, Knowledge)
                  Miriam, Yang, Morgan, Sven, Santiago, Diedre, Fungus Boy

Mid-Game (Demo, Green, Knowledge)
                  Miriam, Yang, Morgan, Aliens, Santiago, Sven, Domai

Late Mid-Game (post CV & AV) (None, Green, Power)
                  Roze, Morgan, Aliens, Domai

Late Game (None, Green, Power, Cybernetic)
                  Roze, Morgan, Aliens, Domai

I kill Morgan on sight, usually hit the Aliens & Domai as quickly as possibly, and Roze occasionally too. I usually spank Diedre, Yang & Lal around but don't kill them unless I have too, because i can usually become friendly with them later. Same for Miriam, Santiago & the fungus boy, but if I see an easy opportunity to kill them I will, as they are accomplished backstabbers & renowned for hating me inspite of running their SE choice.

Sven is NEVER a problem for me. Withing 10-15 years of starting up Power, he invariably rolls over and becomes a Pact Brother with me. This is almost certainly because I never act hostile towards him. Which I do because he invariably rolls over and becomes a Pact Brother. Which probably happens because .... you get the point.

Of course, in the games where I completely dominate the power graph, it can get hard to persuade people to be helpful. But at least the smarter of the little insects know better than to declare vendetta on me.

They see what happens to the stupid little insects

Sergeant, hand me the can of Raid!
                  Fitz. (n.) Old English
                  1. Child born out of wedlock.
                  2. Bastard.

Comment

Fitz, who do you play as? I would really like Sven to invariably pact with me...instead of invariably taking my oceans and bases...

Comment

Everyone. *Thinks* Who can't run Power?

That's my default SE changes if a faction allows it and I'm being too lazy to think up real strats.

That's my experience from playing many different factions. Once I decided to play every faction on Librarian (I hadn't been playing long) with blind research on, must use factions research priority, completely random huge planet, but could use any SE. It took a while, since I don't have much time to play, but that series of games is primarily where my statements above come from.

My next challenge is probably going to be:
                      Random Huge planet, Trancend, must use govorners, automated formers, and faction research priority.
                      Can only change SE & Govorner priorities every ten years. Must use faction's preferred SE choice or none on that row.
                      Cannot use Advanced Govorner settings (turn all on) and use all terraform settings (all on).

Basically, I'm in control of where I expand and waging war.
                      Fitz. (n.) Old English
                      1. Child born out of wedlock.
                      2. Bastard.

Comment

I can't figure out this hatred of Lal! I always seek him out for some early tech trades. He's alwasy willing to trade a few key techs, and he especially like to share Doc Flex and Ethical Calculus. But Morgan is my favorite AI faction. I alwasy pact with him early and stay that way through the end game. It's good for lots of commerce.
                        Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
                        http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

Of course all factions are to be hated! They are your rivals, the goal being their eradication!

...Data creates his daughter by the same name...
                          The big question(s) is/are;

Did Roddenberry **** up and give Data's daughter a man's name?

Or did Reynolds **** up and give the UN leader a woman's name?

Or is it an androgynic name like 'Chris'?

Or is 'Lal' a girl's name in Hindi and a boy's name in some other language?
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Ah, I've altered the faction text for Lal..his first base is now 'The World Bank' (of Chiron). It has a special ability. By loaning the other factions energy credits, it drives their industry down..all factions not considered 'Modern' now get: -1 Industry, -1Econ, -1Research, -5 Police, +3Growth while Lal is alive.

(Ok, that's not quite possible in the alphatext..)
                            Visit Aldebaran:Aldebaranweb

Comment

Funny stuff Smack

Somehow I wouldn't be surprised...

Comment

Originally posted by Smack
                                Ah, I've altered the faction text for Lal..his first base is now 'The World Bank' (of Chiron). It has a special ability. By loaning the other factions energy credits, it drives their industry down..all factions not considered 'Modern' now get: -1 Industry, -1Econ, -1Research, -5 Police, +3Growth while Lal is alive.

(Ok, that's not quite possible in the alphatext..)

Comment

Working...
                                X