No announcement yet.

AX succesion game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still lurking over here with TKG and Cybergod for a Smac game to parallel the Smax game.

Walt, maybe it'll be fun to just 'find out' when you're handed over a mess!

Anunikoba, I like the idea of slowing the turn ratio down as things get complicated.

Here's a feasable outline or two:

Four Players:
    1. Players A-D play 20 years each it's now 2180
    2. Players A-D play 10 years each...2220
    3. 5 years each 2240
    4. continue at 5 years till victory.

Six Players:
    1. Players A, B, and C play 20 years each 2160
    2. Players D, E, and F play 10 years each 2190
    3. All players continue at either 5 or 10 year intervals.

Of course, like you said, maybe this should be played by ear.

Shall I go ahead and get the Smac version started? It's up to you Anunikoba, it's your idea. If so, I'll start a new thread and collect names and emails for TKG, Cybergod and whoever else would play that version.

-Smack
    Visit Aldebaran:Aldebaranweb

Comment

Smack, go ahead and start a separate thread for a SMAC version!

And as far as Lal not being to run Police State- I don't know how to accomodate this. But, this is just the first SMAX game being played succession style, so games to follow will probably be played using different factions (Yang next??).

I am just waiting for one more SMAX player to join, then I will start the AXS001 thread in 'Multiplayer' with the turn order roster and our e-mails.

Oh yeah, and please be sure to post a valid e-mail address here so we know where the turns will be going!

Comment

My e-mail is JohnDMuller@msn.com

I'll be out of town (and not connected) next Thursday thru Sunday, July 19-22 (plus parts of the adjacent days). I don't mind missing a turn or two, but hopefully we will get started and get a turn or two in before then anyway.

I'd be up for playing it on Transcend instead of Thinker if everyone agrees, but whatever...... It could also be one of the variations in the subsequent games instead.

Walt, I would classify myself as generally being (on the builder side of) a hybrid player for what it's worth.

Comment

I too would be interested in playing. My email address it tony@tlafave.demon.co.uk

I can play either version or any level.
          'No room for human error, and really it's thousands of times safer than letting drivers do it. But the one in ten million has come up once again, and the the cause of the accident is sits, something in the silicon.' - The Gold Coast - Kim Stanley Robinson

'Feels just like I can take a thousand miles in my stride hey yey' - Oh, Baby - Rhianna

Comment

Just in case anyone missed it, there's a SMAC version starting up as well. Look for the thread below. I'm waiting on one more player (going to run with 4 players) for the first run...if we get 8 I'll start a second game.

-Smack
            Visit Aldebaran:Aldebaranweb

Comment

OK AXS001 players- watch for the thread in multiplayer, and I shall be starting up the game now! As soon as I am done with turn 20, I will send it over to my successor.

Comment

I will start a game with Lal, medium settings, Thinker level (??) on SMAX. I will play turns 1 through 20, but not complete turn 20. Instead, I will save the game when I finish the turn, but the player to recieve the turn will actually hit 'end turn' (to give them a chance to review the game state, and make changes if they want). They will then play turns 21 through 40 (M.Y. 2121 to 2140) and will finish turn 40, but not hit the 'end turn' button. They will then save the game, and then email the save file to the next player in turn. We will continue doing this until the game ends. If, however, our civ starts to become too large, we will shrink the number of turns we each play. I am not sure when or by how much we should do this, so let's just feel it out- we can be democratic about choosing the time and method of shortening each of our 'reigns' in this game.

I am also going to start a thread in the multiplayer forum for us titled 'AXS001' for us to post in when we send the save file off to the next player in line, and for us to have a place to inquire about game status and such. I will start the thread as soon as we get a couple more players though.

The turn order will be the order in which people responded in this thread.
                Does the above still work?

Anunikoba (???)
                Scipio (brperry@pacbell.net)
                Commodore (???)
                johndmuller (JohnDMuller@msn.com)
                Tau Ceti (???)
                Walt (???)
                SITS (tony@tlafave.demon.co.uk)

Need some more email addresses...
                Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

Use tauc@hotmail.com for me at the moment.

Comment

jbgibson@arilion.com

Although Anunikoda should already know it, sending me three games' turns.
                    It hurts to be on the cutting edge!

Comment

Sorry. I got a little worried when Anunikoba said he was playing the turn, like 'right now', and would send it to the next player ASAP. I realized I didn't know the email address of the person after me.

I have the email address now. Never did get any game file though...

- Scipio
                      Delende est Ashcrofto

Comment

Ok, here we go!

Check the 'AXS001' thread in AC-Multiplayer forum for the stuff.

And good luck to us all!

Comment

Walt's email: wschellin@yahoo.com

Comment

Working...
                          X