Multiplayer help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiplayer help!

Hey can anyone please give me some help on Multiplaying AC?
    I have no idea how to start or join games because I don't know any sites or addresses to start playing over the internet. I f anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Grave Digger

Grave Digger,
    How's the winter down under? The states are a rainy summer mess. I'll gladly play ya! I've never played a multiplayer game either though, and am eagerly awaiting and going to search for info. PBEM seems to be the best method for SMAC, but I can understand that a game will be quite slow as each player has to take turns consecutively. Still, maybe we should get a third and fourth player to spice things up. I vote for other MP newbies! I'll go look for info on how to set it up. Write back if you are interested. Surely someone will respond as to the best way to set up the game, but I'll post again as soon as I figure it out.

-Smack

Right'o, head over to the Multiplayer forums on link up from this ol strategy forum. It's quite lively and two new MP games are getting set up to start toward the end of the week...
    Visit Aldebaran:Aldebaranweb

Comment

You can mosey over to the Multiplaying section of the boards and find players willing to help you with that. I'm willing to play, and lead you guys through setting it up. It's not hard. Yeah, the game turns can get a little slow, but if everyone commits to at least one turn a day, that helps.

To set up a game, just click "start game", choose multiplayer (make sure you have information on who wants what, what difficulty level, victory conditions, etc), PBEM. Then start the game. It's not difficult, the prompts pretty much lead you through the whole thing. If you are the first player to play, play the turn, then when done, hit "turn complete", save the game in the format (such as MPGaians2101.sav, or whatever) and then send the turn to the next player.

Comment

Working...
      X