Hmm, weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, weird

I haven't had main menu music for a good couple of weeks now, but just as I was about to get off my butt and post a thread asking where it had gone, it came back! For some unknown reason, the music returned today, as bizarrely as it had died a couple of weeks ago.

Anyone know what gives?
    The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
    Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
    All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
    "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

SMAC seems to have a LOT of sound and music problems. I find once they start glitching, I have to reboot the machine to straighten them out. Just exitting and restarting SMAC will not resolve the problem.

Other then classic sound/music screw ups, maybe:
    1) you had your sound turned off.
    2) you had deactivated music at some point, and finally turned it back on the previous time you played SMAC.

Just a few wild guesses
    -Darkstar
    (Knight Errant Of Spam)

Comment

Ah, that could be it - it's a PBEM game, so I suppose it's possible my opponent (or Aredhran) had music turned off, because I wouldn't swear to not putting it back on the turn previous to me noticing it was back on.
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.

Comment

FWIW, Loss of sound/music tracks in this & other CD run games was the first tell-tale sign of CD failure. Sound came & went before the drive speed dropped to unacceptable. Now I grab NO-CD patches from here http://gamecopyworld.com/ & run my games from the HD. Full install of the game required.

Comment

I'm running it on no CD. I only have one working drive, really (my writer is new, my reader is dying slowly. Will be replaced by a DVD at some point). And since there's no No-CD patch for B&W patch yet, I tend to keep that CD in the drive. Pretty much everything else works off the drive.

Comment

Working...
          X