• Time
  • Show
Clear All

^
    Team 'Poly

Comment

bump for the newbies

Comment

Oh my God. I didn't know this existed until you bumped this thread - I had heard of this strategy guide, but what an amazing piece of work this truly is. Is Vel still active here? I haven't seen him in the last couple of months that I've been here - I doubt it. But what an absolutely awesome piece of work - I would have printed it off, but I don't think I've got enough paper!

I urge any newbies to download and read this guide as soon as possible, this one is a must-read.
        We're back!
        http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

Read some of the treads on that board. In one of the latest, he said he was retired

From another tread, I think he had some sort of near death experience and stopped playing AC. I don't know any of the details since it happened while I was away from the game myself. Maybe someone else can fill us in.

Though I don't think we ever chatted directly (back in the 2.0 days when he was real active here) I know he added so much to my AC knowledge. I for one will miss his insite.

Comment

^
            Team 'Poly

Comment

and i presume noone will mind if this is also top-ed

Comment

Markos, what you want to do is to send over an e-mail to Vel and offer him a, erm, large incentive to become moderator of these forums. All your problems will disappear....
                We're back!

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by mark13 on 11-23-2000 10:05 AM
                  large incentive
                  what kind of incentive could convince a man like Vel?

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MarkG on 11-23-2000 01:48 PM
                    what kind of incentive could convince a man like Vel?

. All the zenofungus he can eat?

. All hail the Transcendant Planet Mind, Velocyryx!!

------------------
                    Gauis Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Pontificator Pendanticus
                    older richer & wiser than you

[This message has been edited by Lefty Scaevola (edited November 28, 2000).]
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

You did it, didn't you Markos?! How much did you pay him? Go on, you can tell us, we won't tell anybody....
                      We're back!

Comment

Hello, is there a working link to this source of wisdom?
                        I really would like to dl a copy.

The clic.to link gives me an random ad and an empty page.

Thanks

Comment

Hey What is SMAX? I just bought SMAC today $20 Cdn in the bargain bin. Haven't even installed it yet but I decided to come here first and get a feal for the game b4 I play. So is this SMAX Guide Version 3.0 relevent to SMAC? If not what guide should I read?
                          "I know not how I may seem to others, but to myself I am but a small child wandering upon the vast shores of knowledge, every now and then finding a small bright pebble to content myself with"
                          Plato

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Mixam on 05-08-2001 01:07 AM
                            Hey What is SMAX? I just bought SMAC today $20 Cdn in the bargain bin. Haven't even installed it yet but I decided to come here first and get a feal for the game b4 I play. So is this SMAX Guide Version 3.0 relevent to SMAC? If not what guide should I read?

alien crossfire I suppose. It is an add on for the smac.
                            Also sold as planetary pack, and then it is both CD's.

Comment

Guide Comments

Hey Vel,

like Qualicide, I just got back to SMAXing after a long "vacation". i remember you starting you Guide some time ago, but I never saw a copy. I just read thru version3 last night non-stop. MAN, that's the best game strategy guide I've ever read. lemme know when the book is available.

BTW, I have a couple of weird units to bounce off you for element-of-surprise.
                              TeknoMerc

Comment

My heartfelt thanks for making "The" Guide!

Comment

Working...
                                X