Signed, Sealed, and Delivered.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signed, Sealed, and Delivered.....

I'm going to bed. Oh, but....before I do, please allow me to introduce you to a friend of mine....the SMAX (version 3.0) Guide....

I hope you enjoy it, folks...I had a good time putting it together, although I have a bit of a headache at present....nothing that a nap, followed by some Mexican food and a pitcher of margaritas won't cure...::grin::

I'll keep the guide where it is, in my forum, until June 9th, and we'll consider this a "Beta Period" for the guide, so if you've got sugesstions or changes to recommend, I've got a separate thread for that on my site, and on June 9th, I'll take the HTML pages I'm currently wrestling with, and give the guide a permanant home, complete with cross-linked sections and so forth.

There are three things absent from this, the Beta version.

1) No cross-linking
    2) No index of "How-To" notes (14 in all...ummm...I think)
    3) No "build table" (displaying the "build point" for every facility in the game.

Those will be added when the guide finds its permanant home....:-)

To get to my little corner of the web, follow the link below. From the main page, click into the forums, and from there, into the SMAC Strategy section....you're all set!

Oh, and one final thing....the forum software I'm using has two "modes": Standard and Detailed. It defaults to Detailed mode, which is somewhat annoying, and you'll want to click the link (near the top of the page) to convert to Standard mode....it's all there, and I'm looking forward to comments!

http://clik.to/renaissance

-=Vel=-
    (goin' to bed)
    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

WOW!

I thought your last guide was complete. An excellent peice of work. I can't believe you don't get paid for putin as much work that incredible guide.

You truely are a SMAC(X) Genius.

Comment

yay vel!

Comment

I've only had time to skim trhough it but I must say that I'm damn impressed! I especially like the additions to the combat chapter.

Vel, once again you have done a most impressive job at a hard task that is covering all the aspects of a game such complex as SMAC. My congratulations!!!

LoD

PS. And have a good night's sleep while you're at it !
        I love the tick of the Geiger counter in the morning. It's the sound of... victory! :D
        LoD - Owner/Webmaster of civ.org.pl
        civ.org.pl's Discussion Forums and Multiplayer System for SMAC and Civs 2-4

Comment

Vel,
          You da man!

Chris

Comment

Excellent Vel, excellent. My printer's humming as we speak.
            My sorry excuse for a website

Comment

i like the part about the aliens

Comment

Well, I read the first 24 pages so far which is only about 20% of it I think. Very good. Really it's a shame if you can't find a way to get paid for doing it. It looks like a lot of work. Thanks a lot for doing it. I know every player will appreciate what you have done for the community and the game.

Comment

Impressive!

Comment

Adam, meant to reply to you earlier.... Thank you....it means a lot to me to hear words like that....I love this game, and the people here have been nothing but gracious to me....I came here early last year as a complete newbie, but was warmly welcomed, got informative, patient answers to all my various questions (and there were a bunch!), and this is my way of repaying that kindness....

-=Vel=-
                    The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I've only skimmed the new guide, but it's great. Time to replace my dogeared printout of version 2.

Thanks a million, Vel.

Comment

Vel,

Just another post to thank you for version 3.0. Its amaizing. I loved version 2, and this is more and better!!!

Thanks again and keep the good work

Aliatar
                        Civ fanatic since 1994

Comment

Kudos yet again Vel.

I had a sneaking suspicion that the Guide would be put out this weekend, but wouldn't you know it, on thursday night my computer decided to start misbehaving.

So guess I will have to find some time to give an in-depth reading, whilst at work!!

Seriously though Vel, you really are to be congradulated on putting forth such an effort.

Now, can you all imagine if Vel put such a mind to work for an actual useful purpose!!

Comment

Master Vel,

Vel's Guide (V3.0) to SMAC/X is a work of art. Truly excellent!

Your devoted slave,
                            Hydro

P.S. - for those of you who haven't delved into Vel's accumulated wisdom, do it now! I can guarantee you won't regret it!

Comment

Thanks again guys....there are some bugs, problems, errors, oversights, and omissions, but that's to be expected in a guide almost 75,000 words long, and why I wanted it to go through a beta period to shake all the kinks out....after a while, it just plain does me no good to re-re-read it (again! LOL) cos by the time I finished it, my eyes were crossing and bloodshot, but I knew that if I put it out there for review, the weakspots in the work would quickly come to light.

Yeah, I'm the one who sat down and wrote it, but it's you guys, with your comments and sugesstions....you guys are the ones who are gonna make it rock!

PS: Last week, my little web site was getting an average of 40-odd hits a day....it's more than doubled (almost tripled, actually) over the last three days!

-=Vel=-
                              [This message has been edited by Velociryx (edited May 31, 2000).]

Comment

Working...
                              X