• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quote:

Originally posted by knowhow2 on 05-12-2001 01:35 PM
    solver,

Which bring me to a entire new question:

Will it ALL go under water (land not bases)? So the entire map could be fild with water and seabases? Ever happen to anyone?

I have tried this once. It is NOT possible to drown whole planet.
    Even with endless use of nerve gas, the sea level rising (and the fungus blows) will stop at one point, and the highest mountains remain as islands.

Comment

What happens if you then melt the polar ice caps?
      The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
      Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
      All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
      "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

What happens if you play on a map with no fungus whatsoever? Can you ever be swamped by fungus if it doesn't actually come from anywhere? More importantly, could you ever win by Ascent to Transcendence if there is no Planet-mind since there is no fungus?

Tricky questions indeed.
        "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I usually play on a map of earth with _no_ fungus at all. Whaen you build the prerequisitte(sp?) SP for trancendance a lot of fungi will appear out of nowhere, and then no more... But Trancendence is no problem

-Alex
          "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

Using choppers to kill worms is nice, except for one little catch: one chopper will kill only one worm per attack (and IIRC, it fights with 1:1 ratio but I might be wrong on that one)

Take a ground-based wormhunter, say, 1e-2t-2. It has 1 move to get in position, then will kill the entire stack with just one attack (and fights with 3-2 ratio). It's always a good idea to have a few of these guys lying around.

Later in the game, build the same guy on a Tank chassis. Some variations: use SAM ability, drop... Of course, it's always a good idea to have a few Googlie-style choppers, but only to snipe at isolated worms. For stacks, ground units are the key.

Of course, you should always be prepared to face Planet's Wrath *before* launching your nukes or go gas-happy on your foes (ie plenty of high-morale 1-3tr-1 clean ready to defend your bases, plus some hunters for counterattacks)

Comment

When blooms and worms appear go Green. I know that as Yang it is hard to wean yourself from penalty-free Planned, but there are benefits: less eco damage and (most importantly) you will capture some worms (free defenders/attackers, and if you are lucky you might capture a stack of worms if they are in one hex) and have a better attack against the worms (+2). So, go Green. It will help.

Comment

About a month ago in a multiplayer game with a friend of mine I was playing the Drones towards the end game around 2350 or so, and I found myself at war with pretty much every computer player on planet. As I had already had a much larger chunk of territory that I wanted anyways I decided to simply eliminate any and everyone that irritated me with frequent us of nerve gas pods (I went so far as to use Tachyon helos with nerve gas enabled just to take out formers and indiscriminate use of Planet busters. I probably dropped 10 in a 20 year period and turned the monsoon Jungle into the Monsoon bay which greatly extend the reach of my carrier taskforces.

I was getting lowball 24 worms a turn to about 70 worms a turn. In the end even though I was pumping out a 1,000 energy a turn income I was makeing twice that on average from planet pearls. One thing I did to cut down on the water world effect was making frequent us of Techtonic missiles to get me some dirt beneath my feet

Comment

Bombs Away! As Fitz said, we have made significant discoveries in the Pollution thread on how to control ED. The concepts can be extended to permit "liberal" use of PBs without ED. How? you ask. Simply build 5 of any of Tree Farms, Hybrid Forests, Centauri Preserves or Temples of the Planet for each PB. You can then sell them and repeat. Ned
                  http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Hell ya there ****ing dangerous especially if your like me and your average city produces around 50 pollution pretty early on hard road to hoe

------------------
                    Tyler Messer
                    "Theres no time to discriminate hate every mother****er thats in your way!"

Comment

Tyler, Think Tree Farms, Centauri Preserves, Hybrid Forests and Temples of the Planet. Build lots of these. The more you build, the more your FACTION is protected. You can even build, sell, and build again. Giving aways bases with these facilities in them does not lessen the ED benefit.

Ned
                      http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Thantos on 05-16-2001 01:45 AM
                        One thing I did to cut down on the water world effect was making frequent us of Techtonic missiles to get me some dirt beneath my feet

Don't tectonic missiles raise land at the cost of causing more ED? If so, then a vicious cycle would ensue . . .

Comment

Working...
                        X