Favourite SE choice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite SE choice?

If you had to pick just one SE choice, what would it be?
    Mine would probably be Eudaimonia. It's always so useful - despite the morale setbacks.
    How's about the rest of you?
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Free Market.

You can't beat the cash.

------------------
    -bondetamp
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    -H. L. Mencken
    -bondetamp
    The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all.
    -H. L. Mencken

Comment

Green.

With the efficiency benefits, and mindworm trolling, you just can't beat the cash.

Comment

cybernetic after network backbone, but other than that, police state (i just hate paying for support!)

Comment

So many choices...
          make that another vote for Green. "I am demon boil! FEAR MY WRATH!!"
          "If Lincoln were alive today, he'd probably want to get out of his tomb"
          "He siezed power in a bloodless coup -- all smotherings."

Comment

I don't pick just 1 SE choice but i will tell i enjoy running Police state/Green/knowledge I like being able to stomp any nation i please into the mud without drone riots because they know that their mighty leader is a strict totallitarian ,Green is probably the most stable economy ,and what can I say i like leaving the world to munch on my technological dust

------------------
            Tyler Messer
            "Theres no time to discriminate hate every mother****er thats in your way!"
            [This message has been edited by tyler666 (edited May 19, 2001).]

Comment

Cybernetic if I had the backbone. Otherwise, Green.

------------------
              Solver the "Running Beer" - http://www.aok.20m.com
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

1. Democratic, Green, Power, Eudaimonia.
                2. Democratic, Green, Weath, + GA (Thought Control if available.)

Ned
                http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

The ones I usually follow in a game:

early/mid game:

Democratic/FM/Wealth or Knowledge, when I get behind in tech

late game (I rarely get there):

Democratic/Green/Knowledge/Cybernetic (gives a WHOOPING +7 EFFIC, and if you're Cyborgs or Gaians, +9!!! This really helps a huge planet-spanning empire)
                  ... This body holding me reminds me of my own mortality...
                  ... Pain is an illusion...

Comment

knowledge, always has been always will be.

except when you are the Beliviers.
                    It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Ned on 05-20-2001 09:42 AM
                      1. Democratic, Green, Power, Eudaimonia.
                      2. Democratic, Green, Weath, + GA (Thought Control if available.)

Ned

whats GA?

and whilst i'm here and since this is a topic about SE and i don't feel like posting my own topic, do the SMAX factions prefer any SE choices when played by AI as in will they go to war if you pick something they don't like?

and also whilst i'm still here my fav combo SE would be police planned if i'm the hive or if i'm not i'll go frontier planned wealth for early game and then later go police green wealth/knowlege/power (depending on situation wealth if not at war power if at war knowlege if i need techs)

and why is yang the only one who ever does police state? its my favourite politics because when you combine it with the living refinery and ascentic virtues you get almost unlimited support and +3 police and as long as you get childrens creche the efficiency gets eliminated... oh well

[This message has been edited by TKG (edited May 20, 2001).]

Comment

Yang, never suffers from inefficency, no matter what.

And I don't like Police State because it lowers my efficency because I usually don't play Yang. I also don't build a strategy around certain special projects, or combinations there of. That's a dangerous propostition. Drones and support are generally not a problem, so there's no real reason for me to pick it. I guess I just like Demo more.

I went on a short lived Police State/Green kick, but with proper counciling, I weened myself off it (once you start police state it's hard to stop -- no joke).

Sorry. I don't have a favorite, or favorite combo. I think there is a time and place for all SE combinations.

Edit: I almost forgot, GA = Golden Age. It occurs when more then half the bases population are happy citizens. I believe the effects are +1 econ and +2 growth for that base, as well as a higher resistance to probe activity, if I'm not mistaken. This is the only way some SMACX factions can pop boom. Unfortunately, the good folks at Firaxis never corrected the bug that doesn't factor this growth in for SMAC. So, Yang and Morgan can't boom.

[This message has been edited by WhiteElephants (edited May 20, 2001).]

Comment

TKG, The reason I like Wealth + Green + GA is that it gives +2 econ, equivalent to Free Market but no negatives other than Morale, +2 Green to permit pod popping, and +1 industry. Thought Control cancels the Morale negatives, making it the best overall choice before Eudaimonia. Ned
                          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Demo always. I rarely play as Yang, therefore no Police State (1-1-1 cleancops or enough psych for scattered GA's elminates drone worries).

I love all three of FM, Planned, and Green at different times in the game: Demo/Planned/Wealth is a great growth SE choice. When it's time to expand, then go to Demo/FM or Demo/Green/Wealth/GA for unbeatable cash. During builder periods I settle into Demo/Green/Knowledge to keep the tech flowing.

All of the Future are wonderful for various purposes, although they have less effect on the SP game outcome. Cybernetic (w/ Backbone) helps speed things toward early Transcendence. Eudaimonea is great for continued building and expansion (and I looooooove having Santiago chastise me for my decadence). I occasionally use Thought Control if the Cloning Vats precede The Matrix by too many years.

Comment

[SIZE=1]
                              I went on a short lived Police State/Green kick, but with proper counciling, I weened myself off it (once you start police state it's hard to stop -- no joke).
                              Sheesh, I know what you mean.
                              --Teeks

Comment

Working...
                              X