No announcement yet.

My own fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't subvert a noodle unless it is in a base. (and you can't put probe "weaponry" on a noodle or chopper for mid-air subversion)

I guess, unlike in like in real-life where you could initiate air-to-air conversations - or wing-waggling - to get your offer across, in smac/x the crew have to be on the ground for your probe operatives to "work their magic" to get them to defect.

Probing isn't a "special ability" so you can't put it on SAM units, and a probe is a non-combatant so you can't give it SAM capability.

G.

Comment

Sorry for chiming in so late, Analyst, and there's not really much I can add here....some pretty fine advice thus far....with Morgan, you really need to expand like a mad, horny rabbit (hmmm...can I say that here? If not, please don't hesitate to bleep me out...LOL).

But it's true! Expand like there's no tomorrow. Lossa little Morgie bases (think interstate commerce here). In the first fifty turns, you should have about fifteen of 'em, and just keep going until you can't squeeze any more on your starting continent, and then build crawlers!

Don't even think about advanced infrastructure till you get crawlers out the wazoo! Why? 'cause despite the delay in beginning work on your infrastructure (ie - time you spend building crawlers instead), you'll actually finish your infrastructure *faster* by doing the crawlers first! Test it out....works like a charm.

The end result will be this: You'll have energy coming out of places you didn't even know you had, you'll have hordes of bases (production centers), and it won't matter who comes calling, or if they nibble at the corners of your empire for a turn or two, cos with all the money you'll be making, and with all the productive capacity you'll have, you will be able to dish out far more punishment than any of your rivals, but actually, once you reach this stage, it's usually a *good thing* when you get invaded...free troops!

-=Vel=-
      (In a Morgie Mood)
      [This message has been edited by Velociryx (edited April 23, 2001).]
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
      X