Rescued factions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rescued factions

After a faction swears a Pact to serve you in exchange for mercy, it is true that they can eventually turn on you if they again rise to too great a power. Is this true also of factions that you've rescued from a punishment sphere, or is anyone aware of a deeper sense of loyalty among them? One would certainly hope so . . .

You've got to be careful with this. While submissives can turn on you, you normally must do something to get them to. For example, if Morgan surrenders and I nerve gas everyone to pieces and gain a poor reputation, then he'd probably revolt. Sometimes people say a powerful submissive is also an unruly submissive.

It also depends on what faction. The evil Yang would probably revolt more easily than a more passive country would. Submissives can also rebel if you are framed for a probe team action against them, if you attack them (of course), and if you abuse them by demanding things constantly. That's what I know, anyway

------------------
    The fault lies not in our SMAC, but in our stars.
    ~ Vanguard, February 2, 2000.

Comment

I played a game once where my submissive Santiago turned on me. True, she was already more powerful than I am, but I think she did it unintentionally, as the cause for the vendetta was my impact rover in a University base (Zak was also my submissive, but he's at war with Santiago) that was the target of a band of Spartan gatling rovers.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by SMACed on 03-27-2001 08:48 PM
        You've got to be careful with this. While submissives can turn on you, you normally must do something to get them to. For example, if Morgan surrenders and I nerve gas everyone to pieces and gain a poor reputation, then he'd probably revolt. Sometimes people say a powerful submissive is also an unruly submissive.

It also depends on what faction. The evil Yang would probably revolt more easily than a more passive country would. Submissives can also rebel if you are framed for a probe team action against them, if you attack them (of course), and if you abuse them by demanding things constantly. That's what I know, anyway

Good point. Well, I always play without resorting to atrocities (or at the very least, would try to get the UN Sanctions lifted first). And I treat my pet leaders well.

Yang always gets locked away in a sphere, since he waits so dern long before he surrenders that I have all that was his anyway. I then give his bases to a more deserving pact bro/sis.

Comment

Working...
        X