Pacifism Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pacifism Problems

If you read the description for the negative police ratings, down around 03 and -4, it says you get two or three drone at a base per military unit it supports away from your territory. This rule is refered to in the manual as pacifism, and is recognizable by a small peace symbol, or more than one, next to them on the support screen. How is this calculated? I was playing as Lal last night, and started a free market. My two military boom bases had build two choppers each, and one or two needlejets, seeing where I was on a tiny island. All were stationed within my territorial boundries, as marked by the dashed lines. Two would be stationed in the base itself, and in other of my own bases. Yet there were riots because it said they were generating drones. Why?

They were attack air units. Iirc only inteceptors don't cause drones as they are considered pure defensive units.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You will also get the effect from missiles of any flavor and IIRC gravships.
      "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

But not deathspheres?
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

But I thought pacifism was only if they were out of your territory! Why does it say that in the datalinks? If you have a negative police rating, do you get drones if you just build a military unit? I've never noticed that... I build laser garrisons and never have any problems...

Comment

For all land units, sea units and SAM air units: as long as they're in your territory or in a base of a pactmate they won't cause pacifism drones.
            For non-SAM air units: those always cause pacifism drones at a very negative police rating.
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Yes, it is annoying, having drones when you have bomber air units, but there is a reason. Pre-emptive war. Bombers are used to attack units on the ground, usually ones approaching your bases, usually outside your territory. With choppers, for example, you could make a ground assault out of your territory, then move back into your territory so you would never have to deal with drone riots, because all the events happened in the same turn. So that you can't take advantage of this, bomber air units and missiles are always considered out of your territory.

Comment

OK... thanks.... never realized this.. just means I have to change my production focus.

Comment

Build interceptors, or...

REHOME TO BASE WITH PUNISHMENT SPHERE!!!!!!

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Yes, build a barracks city!
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Bah! Switch from a weak pacifist faction to a police state!

"Teach those Drones a lesson!"
                      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                      *****Citizen of the Hive****
                      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Or use the Gaians, who can`t run FM, but can maintain a huge airforce.
                        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Only too bad that the 'native' air force is SAM as well. No real benefit thus.
                          He who knows others is wise.
                          He who knows himself is enlightened.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                          X