No announcement yet.

Advice for Yang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah yes, the mysterious combat odds, someday I might even come up with an explantion.
    Promoter of Public Morale
    Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

Quick update:

We’re on T2157 and The Hive has finished the WP. We have the highest population, and have just topped the Most Powerful (whatever that means) score, likely due to the SP. So, things are looking up. I finally got some armor, but no weapons yet. I'm prototyping the synthmetal on a rover base, of course. My tech rate is getting better, though, so I should get some weaponry soon. There are 12 Hive bases, and due to b-drones I’ve started building vertically. Drones are getting to be a problem even with +2 police, so HGP is my next target. One base has 3 (!!) nutrient specials (can't share with any other base, though) with a mineral special within the base radius. I am going to use my vast psychic powers to suggest this base will be growth and production powerhouse. Still Pacted with Dee and Rose, but I don’t call them much. Not much to say, and it only annoys them.

The Spartans are almost done conquering the Drones. Boo, hiss.

Our anthology is posted under the title Mind or Muscle over at the Fiction forum for anyone that is interested.

Hydro

Comment

One base has 3 (!!) nutrient specials (can't share with any other base, though)
        If you've got 3 specials within just 1 bases radius then you really need to pack your bases tighter.

Brilliant tips Kody
        I'm going to have to try that golden age size 3 to 7 boom sometime soon.
        Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

With a few exceptions all my bases are three sectors apart. This base, however, was an exception since I wanted it to be placed so that it would be adjacent to two pods, since I’ve NEVER gotten a gad result when popping a pod adjacent to a base. Both gave me a nutrient special. A third Unity pod two sectors away gave me the third. The mineral special was always there.

Boy, I wish I had crawlers!

Hydro

Comment

yikes 3 squares apart ?!

yeah pods do not give fungus or worms at anytime when they're popped next to a base
            Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Clarification: bases are spaced such that an infantry can support the next base in one turn for Vel's 'Rover Defense' model for base spacing. Depending on how you look at it, the bases have 2 sectors between them or are 3 sectors apart.

This base-by-pod strategy works well. I got 4 free RCs out of it, with no reload cheating, either. That is huge for anyone, and especially for The Hive which is energy challenged.

Hydro

Comment

Working...
              X