Q: Efficiency warnings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My (not conclusive, offhand) experience:
    - after the 1st warning, I am SURE that the extra drone appears in a RANDOM base. That is, in ANY one of the bases you already have (except HQ, that might be true). I even reloaded the turn before the exceeding base foundation, for testing purposes, and got the extra drone in *different* bases each time.
    - only when I have a big lot of bases, I begin to see new bases starting "almost" regularly with a drone (but NOT always).
    - of course conquered bases tend to begin with more drones exactly because they're "conquered", it's even written in the Psych base display

Optimus, the Bureacracy Formula is something like
    (8-Difficulty)*(4+Efficiency)*SizeMod/2

So, at Librarian, which is difficulty 3, and with normal Efficiency, you'll have 5*4/2*SizeMod, that is 10*SizeMod.
    Consider that for Standard Planetsize SizeMod is =1, while for Huge is 1.6

[This message has been edited by MariOne (edited March 18, 2001).]
    I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MariOne on 03-18-2001 05:28 AM
      So, at Librarian, which is difficulty 3, and with normal Efficiency, you'll have 5*4/2*SizeMod, that is 10*SizeMod.
      Consider that for Standard Planetsize SizeMod is =1, while for Huge is 1.6

That explains why I was never seeing the warnings, all right. I wasn't building past that limit. Last night, on a Spartan/Thinker/Standard game, I went to plonk down base #9, and up pops the bureacracy warning. So I called off the build and smashed a Believer base instead . Miriam was nice enough to submit, too, since it had been her headquarters and I had her penned in (she didn't have lasers, rovers, or synthmetal yet! I couldn't resist). Gave the base back to get rid of the drone riot that happened in a nearby Spartan base due to the extra drone from passing the limit, and am now eyeing Deidre's 5-city empire across the seas to my west...
      "If you doubt that an infinite number of monkeys at an infinite number of typewriters would eventually produce the combined works of Shakespeare, consider: it only took 30 billion monkeys and no typewriters." - Unknown

Comment

I believe I have observed "random" drones, even in my home base, which normally has no inefficiency. Does anyone really know what happens when one passes an inefficieny barrier? Do you get one extra drone per base over the first barrier, two for each over the second, and so on? Or do you simply drop by -1 efficieny at each barrier. The latter can cause drones all by its lonesome.
        http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by MariOne on 03-18-2001 05:28 AM
          My (not conclusive, offhand) experience:
          - after the 1st warning, I am SURE that the extra drone appears in a RANDOM base. That is, in ANY one of the bases you already have (except HQ, that might be true). I even reloaded the turn before the exceeding base foundation, for testing purposes, and got the extra drone in *different* bases each time.

I'll take that as a test. Thanks Mario. Interesting that I never noticed this directly, but I'll take your word for it.

Edit: Do you know if the psych screen for a base with a beuracracy drone has a line that says 'beauracracy'? That would be the biggest confirmation.

[This message has been edited by Fitz (edited March 19, 2001).]
          Fitz. (n.) Old English
          1. Child born out of wedlock.
          2. Bastard.

Comment

Unfortunately not, although it would have been nice - it simply appears as a drone in the 'unmodified' section.
            We're back!
            http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

I'd like to repeat my question, since I really don't know the answer. It is this: If one passes a "second" efficiency warning, does one get "two" extra drones per new base? And so on? "Three" extra after the "third?"

This seems to be my experience.

Ned
              http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
              X