Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunspot communications

Sorry for the newbie question here:

Communications are knocked out during sunspot activity, I got that much. But I read insinuations that you can wantonly commit atrocities during sunspots without sanctions. Is this true? Can you planet bust a faction off the map for 20 turns with no repercussions?
    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Only the ecological problems

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I can deal with those. And sunspots only happen when bell curve is off right?
      "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
      "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
      "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

I like how you think! Yes, if you can wipe off a faction while sunspots are going on, you won't get any penalties AFAIK.

I've committed so many atrocities while sunspots are happening, it's ridiculous. If you nervestaple the population of a captured base, the faction leader will find out and it'll be Vendetta-for life.

Additionally, if you 'buster a faction, but don't wipe it out under the sunspots, only THAT faction will be an enemy for life.

There's nothing better than to Sin Buster a few bases of your enemy that are right next to bases belonging to your ally....with no repercussions of course.

Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
        Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
        *****Citizen of the Hive****
        "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
          I like how you think!
          egorant -on
          Thank you, I pride myself on dirty tactics. I used to go to a role playing convention in LA to play a DnD player vs player tournament. I am proud to say that every year I showed up, the following year they had to change the rules as a direct result of my tactics in the previous year.
          egorant -off

And as far as vendetta for life goes, that isn't much of a change when going up against Miriam, Santiago, or Yang.

Comment

Working...
          X