SE Limits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SE Limits

I was wondering does SE ratings have limits or it's possible to go beyond those?

For instance, in the Economy catergory, in the game you have between -3 (-2 energy each base) to 5 (+1 energy/sq; +4 energy/base; +3 commerce).

If somehow you were able to achieve an rating of 6, would you be able to gain greater benefits or would you only receive the same benefits as you would have gotten if you had the rating of 5?

Only one case I know this is not so and this is with the Probe rating.

Regarding the Support rating, it would seem to me that it's pointless to try to achieve a rating of 4 or greater since in the game you have -4 to 3 for Support and for rating of 3, you can support up to 4 units or up to that base size for free. Seem to me you can't beat that.

Anyway hope I made sense at all - am very tired right now ha.
    Who is Barinthus?

a lot of ratings are defined only by their range

Research, Industry, Support, Police, and a lot of the others stats.

Those I know are capped by the limits, so it doesn't make any difference to exceed them

Efficiency and Planet in some sense does not have a bound. So with Effic 9 you have less b-drones and less energy wasted, methinks. With high Planet you get lots of psy combat bonus. The pollution thing I think is still capped.
    Promoter of Public Morale
    Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

I thought there was a "rollover" bug somewhere. Meaning that if you go too high, you will crash and end up with the max. negative.

I'm not too sure if there is a cap either.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

IIRC, the rollover bug only effects Probe. Haven't done any testing for others though.
        Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

For Efficiency their are Faction wide Effects (B-Drones and Lab/Pych/Econ Slider waste) and their are Bases specific effects (Raw Energy waste). The Base specific stuff I belive is uncapped, theis just a formula that plugs that bases efficiency (Faction Efficincy + Chreech + Golden Age), the distance from HQ, the dificulty and spits out the Enegy Waste.

Faction wide Drones I belive is uncapped and also determined by a formula, its relitivly easy to determine what your Buracracy limit is but its EXTREAMLY hard to figure out ware the drones apear (especialy if you have captured enemy bases). The Sliders are caped anything over 4 Efficiency just gives you Paradigm Economy (shouldnt it be called Paradign Efficiency? *rushes off to edit his Alphax*)
          Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Speaking of Efficiency, approximately what will your energy output be multiplied per point of efficiency added?

Comment

Depends VERY much on number of bases and spacing of bases.

And its Paradigm

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Capping - yes, that's the word I was looking for.

So only the Planet

-3 Wanton ecological disruption; -3 fungus production
                to
                3 ecological wisdom; maximun chance of native life form capture

and

Efficiency

-4 economic paralysis
                to
                4 paradigm economy

are uncapped as in there are benefits in having rating higher than '4' and disadvantages in having rating lower than -4 for Efficiency and -3/3 for Planet?
                Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankychan
                  I thought there was a "rollover" bug somewhere. Meaning that if you go too high, you will crash and end up with the max. negative.

I'm not too sure if there is a cap either.
                  I don't know about a max negative rollover but with the probe bug apparently getting to a +4 probe rating will reset your probe rating to zero.

If playing the angels, I would likely go knowledge just to avoid the whole problem
                  You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

The efficiency explanation has been nicely covered.

A brief recount:

Efficiency

Capped
                    SE setting slider bar value are capped within -4 to 4

Uncapped
                    B-drones - how many bases before B-drones appears. There is a formula for determining where b-drones appears, it requires the knowledge of the order of every currently existing base established. If your b-drones is every seventh bases, you go through the whole list of bases and all bases that are numbered as multiple of seven and also belongs to you suffers b-drones. (Credits to Kody for this knowledge)

Efficiency used to determine energy wastage inside the base is uncapped too.

Planet

Capped
                    Ecological rating for determining ecodamage is capped within -3 to 3
                    This also applies to mindworm capture too

Uncapped
                    The only function that is uncapped is the +10%/planet psy combat bonus
                    Hence with bad planet such as -5, you get -50% penalty
                    With good planet like +8 you get +80% bonues
                    Promoter of Public Morale
                    Alpha Centauri Democracy Game

Comment

For efficiency, a rating of below 0 is treated as 0 for purposes of B-drones, and a rating of -4 is as bad as anything worse for energy lost in each base - everything will be lost except at the HQ.
                      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                      -BBC news

Comment

Are all other settings permanmently capped except for probe, planet, and efficiency?
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Industry is definately capped.

Comment

At high difficulty levels, the AI gets bonuses directly to mineral and nutrient row length (and probably tech cost). These can stack with high industry or growth to produce, for example, 3 nutrient wide growth boxes, or other otherwise unattainable circumstances, in some sense bypassing the SE limits.
                            "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                            -BBC news

Comment

some are capped and some aren't, mess around with the text files to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X