Geophysical Survey Pods give enemy bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geophysical Survey Pods give enemy bonus

In a recent game, I built a GSP in a sea base near enemy territory. An enemy base was within the view of the GSP. When I launched an attack against that enemy base, I noted the base was getting a 25% GSP bonus from my GSP!

I don't recall this being discussued here before and a search turned up nothing. I suppose this is a "feature" and not a bug, but it sure seems like a bug.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Sounds like a bug to me - the enemy benefit of your improvement. Maybe you should encode transmissions from your satellite better.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

What were you doing building a GSP instead of just kicking his a$$ in the first place

Seriously though just sounds like one of those bugs that are easy to miss during beta testing. first I'd heard of it though
      "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
      "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
      "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
      "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

I haven't seen this since I so infrequently builds GSPs and might not carefully check battle odds to notice an opponent getting the benefit

So build the GPS if you want but perhaps scrap it on the turn before attacking your neighbor??!!
        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Ned haven't seen that one but truthfully I hardly ever bother building GSP's. Other sats take precedence.

Good to see you back big guy.
          "Just puttin on the foil" - Jeff Hanson

“In a democracy, I realize you don’t need to talk to the top leader to know how the country feels. When I go to a dictatorship, I only have to talk to one person and that’s the dictator, because he speaks for all the people.” - Jimmy Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
            Ned haven't seen that one but truthfully I hardly ever bother building GSP's. Other sats take precedence.

Good to see you back big guy.
            Told you I was playing a lot of my favorite game.
            http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
            X