Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe
    WMC?

Oops sorry. WMD it is. You see how we Chinese are peaceful people? All we think about is weapons of mass construction.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp
      There are many people looking for a war, but they are never the people who actually have to do the fighting.
      Very good point.

so if we said China had weapons of mass destruction (which they do- they have nukes after all ), we couldn't do anyting about it.
      Yeah lucky for them to have squeezed in the door with all the big boys who are allowed to carry guns don't they.

But if we really want to do something to China we could always use Taiwan as our military outpost. The key is though, to decide whether it is worth it. I mean China does have some crude oil I think, but I'm not sure how much?
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Do we really want to have a hostile confrontation with China? China is on the rise, this cannot be denied. US cannot be superpower forever - history have proved this again and again.

So which's better - A powerful China with memories of hostile confrontations with her oversea neighbor or a powerful China with fond memories of how a former superpower joined arms with her and helped to foster growth and perhaps democracization? (ugh can't spell at all today)
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

What do you mean bugs kicks ass? That makes no sense. Are you serious about your speeches?

Comment

Last I heard, the EU was about 20 years behind the US in terms of military technology, and China was about 20 years behind the EU.

Hence the sensitivity of the April Fool's Hainan incident, back in 2001 when China was the big bad guy instead of Mr. bin Laden. I remember reading somewhere that even despite the destruction of most of the onboard systems, the resultant military hardware could still allow the Chinese 10 years' catchup.

But then again, I think all this talk about a war between the two is basically an exercise in intellectual masturbation (or "polemics" as we used to call it in the UK ). The sheer amount of trade between the two pretty much rules out war anytime soon.
            "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

See 40 years, in the dark age it might not be very long but in the information age it's drastic. That means china have no chance.

Comment

Originally posted by d=me
                What do you mean bugs kicks ass? That makes no sense. Are you serious about your speeches?

Makes perfect sense. If bugs could, disregarding the physical impossiblity and all, be large enough to harm humans on anything beyond a one-thousand-bugs-to-one-human-maybe-if-the-human-is-stupid-and-unprotected scale, and if they were guided by a single hivemind with a near-godlike level of contrrol and intelligence, they'd kick ass definately.

PLease note I was referring to the Zerg comment. I'll be more careful to use the quotes in the future. And yeah, I'm usually serious... except when I'm not, and sometimes it's hard to tell. *G*

Originally posted by livid imp

Yup. Well summarized.

I disagree. Anyone that gives orders to crash planes into a skyscraper to make a point is looking for a war. **cough bin laden cough**

Anyone that invades a country that has been inert for the last 10 years just to get revenge for daddy is looking for a war. **cough bush cough**

There are many people looking for a war, but they are never the people who actually have to do the fighting.

I would like it noted, I believe the former was a lunatic and the latter was a misinformed overconfident bad example of the NASTIER side of Texan justice.

But that's just my opinion, and it makes my point stand true, so really, aren't I wonderfully self-congratulatory? Hehe.

Starfarer
                Noctre, Dak'Tar, the master of the endless shadow that envelops you... That is what they call me. Fear, little mortals, and feed me, for you, my little ones... are mine.

Comment

But this is real life. the F15 can take down like 30 j10s and the whole scale superiority like awacs and electronics. China is no match. Look what china has about 20 ships in total that can sail to the u.s. the people that thinks china have a number advantage against the u.s. have been playing too much games, In the real world, the zergs don't work.
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfarer
                    I would like it noted, I believe the former was a lunatic and the latter was a misinformed overconfident bad example of the NASTIER side of Texan justice.
                    Lunatics soil themselves and talk to shopping carts.

Rant warning
                    Don't kid yourself, Bin Laden isn't a lunatic, he is a power monger (just like Bush). If he was truly a lunatic, if he really believed there were 72 virgins waiting for him in heaven, he'd been on one of those planes dieing for Allah instead of directing it from 5000 miles away. Bin Laden is the Islamic equivalent Pat Robertson, both need a conflict to remain in control of their herd. These "leaders" spout apocalyptic language and imagery, using fear to mobilize forces. They are coming to get us. Those people will destroy our culture. The US is the "Great Satan", etc. Bin Laden was a "ally" when he had the USSR to fight, now he needs a new foe to keep his own pirvate war going. And a lunatic wouldn't be able to avoid all western intelligence this long. Bin Laden is deliberate, calculating, evil man....he would make one hell of a politician
                    I'm dead serious when I say....Michael Jackson is more of a lunatic than Bin Laden is.
                    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

That just look like some dumb rockets. dosen't really look like sams and looks conventional. What can it do? (looks a bit like the ss-7 but it's impossible because it's from north korea.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfarer

Makes perfect sense. If bugs could, disregarding the physical impossiblity and all, be large enough to harm humans on anything beyond a one-thousand-bugs-to-one-human-maybe-if-the-human-is-stupid-and-unprotected scale, and if they were guided by a single hivemind with a near-godlike level of contrrol and intelligence, they'd kick ass definately.

Starfarer
                        Again, you have been imagining too much. If the spanish can wipe out the aztecs then the terrans can wipe out the zergs easily. you do not have the correct view of the laws of the universe. (no offence) What about the overmind? it can't do nothing. humans aren't stupid.

Comment

That just look like some dumb rockets. dosen't really look like sams and looks conventional. What can it do? (looks a bit like the ss-7 but it's impossible because it's from north korea.
                          No, the missile isn't the thing your supposed to notice.
                          Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                          Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

And whats the thing dear Put... err Tassadar?
                            -- What history has taught us is that people do not learn from history.
                            -- Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

Comment

Anyway, it's a HUGE missile if that shadow on the flagpole is a soldier...
                              He who knows others is wise.
                              He who knows himself is enlightened.
                              -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Working...
                              X