• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simulation

In real life which faction will win?

The Mighty Xenobanana will win.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Planet.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Morgan or Yang. Or Yargan.
        Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

I noticed in the back of the pdf manual for crossfire how they tested the factions by taping the enter key down. I'm still curious how well they Morganites did in their games. My games they don't amount to much. But I guess they figured they were balanced.

In real life I'd say the morganites. Money is power. You don't need the largest military. Look at the U.S. vs. china. Though china is improving their economy. But can they ever rival the U.S.?

Comment

China's military cannot be compared with the US military at all.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
              China's military cannot be compared with the US military at all.
              Aww, c'mon, why not? Just cause they are still using WWII diesel subs?
              "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
              "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
              "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
              "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

I rather think that they lack the practising opportunities that the US has so often.
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

If they wanted, they could practice on Taiwan. The just don't have the lack of regard of world opinion the U.S. currently has

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                    I rather think that they lack the practising opportunities that the US has so often.
                    ....and the diesel subs

I saw an interview by a British documentary crew with a Chinese general that claimed that Americans should fear their WWII diesel subs because they contained a secret weapon.

Riiiiiight

edit: to be fair, that interview is about ten years old by now, but still funny.
                    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

although diesal/electric subs actually can be quieter than american nuclear subs because they don't require reactor coolant pumps and steam turbines the american subs require. We mounted everything on rubber, but they could still be noisy. Compare that to an electric motor that makes almost no noise aside from the screw rotating in the water.

Although, I heard the new boomer sub designs can actually run without running the reactor coolant pumps when at low power!.

but the subs have other limitations that make them impractical for serious naval warfare.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        although diesal/electric subs actually can be quieter than american nuclear subs
                        Lets just leave it at "nuclear subs". Plenty of other countries have nuclear subs besides the US. I don't want anyone thinking I am beating the American war drum. There is a very sizable amount of the US public (around 40-50% I believe) that doesn't agree with Bush's foriegn policy.

Originally posted by Dissident
                        but the [diesel] subs have other limitations that make them impractical for serious naval warfare.
                        Very serious limitations. A sub like that wouldn't even make it out of port if in a state of war.

Comment

sorry, double post

Comment

Originally posted by Adalbertus
                            Morgan or Yang. Or Yargan.
                            Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                            Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                            *****Citizen of the Hive****
                            "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

China matching the U.S.? Impossible. Technological superority just like the Aztecs against cortes.

Comment

Working...
                              X