X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commy
    I think Lal is a ******. A quote from Lal:

"Give me 50 nukes, and I can bring peace to the world."
    Makes sense to me. Once the whole world is underwater then it will be very peaceful....even if it does hum and glow green.
    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp
      The only one I can remember for sure that is set to "No" on the agressive attribute is Morgan.
      And Deirdre. If you look at the faction profile, Yes, No, and Sometimes settings correspond to Aggressive (yang, miriam), Pacifist (morgan, deirdre), and Erratic (lal, zakh, santiago)

Comment

Some call it nation-building, some call it peacekeeping, but for Lal it's more like Prozac.

"I grieve for my beloved ... so let us mark this sombre anniversary with fireworks, that she might look down from the heavens at the light of a thousand suns, and remember ..."

-- Commissioner Pravin Lal, "Nuclear Medicine: Thermo ... Nuclear ... Medicine"

Comment

Originally posted by livid imp
          We assume the Peacekeepers would be....well....peaceful. That is only logical. But IIRC in the faction editor Brother Bal is set to "Sometimes" on the agressive attribute. The only one I can remember for sure that is set to "No" on the agressive attribute is Morgan.

Unfortunately, I am at work and can not post the file with all this info.
          Peacekeeping requires thumping people now and then.

Maybe Lal is a Civ in-joke, sort of like Gandhi with NUCLEAR WEAPONS!
          Trithemius
          ["Power performs the Miracle." - Johannes Trithemius

Comment

They obviously belong to the 'Peace through superior firepower' philosophy of Peacekeeping. They also are not invading but 'liberating'. And sometimes they liberate you down to the quark level with PBs.

Then again, mabye they are a UN peacekeeping force (and their descendants). After years of restrictions, asinine rules of engagement and all the other idiocies the bluehats suffer from they find themselves on a virgin planet with NO RULES and no U.N.!

I'ld want to work off my frustrations by establishing a free-fire zone in the nearest 'protectorate', um, neighbour.

Comment

Who wouldn't?
              Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Dead people can't wage war.
                Hi, I'm a sig virus. Pass me on by putting me in your sig!

Comment

Also note that most of you are probly playing Transendi difficulty which makes the AI rediculusly beligerant (often to the detriment of its ability to win). The designers probably though this would substitute for the fact that the AI is braindead. Only if your a mediocure player is the incressed agreesion a threat, for the truely skilled the hyper agressive AI simply ruins its own economy that much faster as you explode past it in every aspect of the game.

I bet Lal would be much nicer on the lower difficulty levels.
                  Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
                    Also note that most of you are probly playing Transendi difficulty which makes the AI rediculusly beligerant (often to the detriment of its ability to win). The designers probably though this would substitute for the fact that the AI is braindead.
                    Yup, or thinker either way the AI goes to war WAY too easily. Can you imagine if America went to war just because they didn't like some other country's socio-political system....whoops, never mind....

But yes the AI's over eagerness to go to war and drain its resources for little or no gain is a problem.
                    "They’re lazy troublemakers, and they all carry weapons." - SMAC Manual, Page 59 Regarding Drones
                    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
                    "If fascism came to America it would be on a program of Americanism." -- Huey Long
                    "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to greater danger. It works the same in any country." -- Hermann Goering

Comment

The AI's only shot at winning is in the first 100 turns, anyway.

Comment

So the best stragety during first 100 years would be to focus on building and if you have the military muscle to do so, turtle it out. If you don't have the military power to do so, keep appeasing AIs by giving in to their demands everytime?
                        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

The best strategy for the first 100 turns is to build as many bases as possible while grabbing as many wonders as possible. If you share a continent, take a break from this strategy long enough to exterminate them.

Comment

"Turtling" in response to an aggressive enemy in the early game is usually a bad idea.

Rover-rushing is usually a good idea.

Giving in to AI demands is usually a bad idea.

I agree with CEO Aaron about not sharing a continent, except where the opponent is very distant and either a natural ally or submissive. Trade income is something you want, but not at the cost of "HQ-local" high-efficiency real estate.

Comment

Working...
                            X