Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maybe stupid question, but why do you need improvements on fungus if they dont help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe stupid question, but why do you need improvements on fungus if they dont help?

Just started another game for fun, on the lowest level as Deirdre...

Got the tech that allows building improvements on fungus, but the tiles with those improvements and without them produce the same amount of nutrient/energy/minerals. WHY?

------------------
    The poster formerly known as "Builder".

"Iraq's sand could make a formidable amount of glass, if heated properly" -- SlowwHand

edit by markg: offensive signature. please change it(or i will)
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by MarkG (edited March 04, 2001).]</font>
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

quote:

Originally posted by Eli on 03-03-2001 07:03 AM
    Got the tech that allows building improvements on fungus, but the tiles with those improvements and without them produce the same amount of nutrient/energy/minerals. WHY?

BECAUSE.

I think this is one of the feature not implemented in the game.
    If you play SMACX you can build the Manifold Armonics and having +3 on Planet your fungus square are best then your forest square with Tree Farm and Hibrid Forest
    Aslo the gods are impotent against men's stupidity --Frederich Shiller
    In my vocabulary the word "Impossible" doesn't exist --Napoleon
    Stella Polaris Development Team -> Senior Code Writer (pro tempore) & Designer

Comment

I play SMAC.

So, this option is just "there", and does nothing?
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

I think the 'improvements' in this case concerns airbases, bunkers, sensors etc. i.e. those that don't increase production from a square, but provide some other benefit. It is, of course, useless to build a solar or a mine on fungus - it provides no benefit at all.
        We're back!
        http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

And you can also plant forest without having to remove the fungus first. Although that would come in much handier earlier in the game.
          [This message has been edited by Paul (edited March 03, 2001).]

Comment

Absolutely right, the greatest advantage is the ability to plant forest directly onto a fungus square without removing the fungus first, saving *massive* amounts of terraforming time. It's also pretty handy, occasionally, to be able to build a road through fungus.
            Team 'Poly

Comment

I'll confess that I didn't know you could do that....oh well, you learn something new every day....although my late game experience isn't exactly huge....
              We're back!
              http://www.civgaming.net/forums

Comment

quote:

edit by markg: offensive signature. please change it(or i will)

ok...

------------------
                The poster formerly known as "Builder".

"Iraq's sand could make a formidable amount of glass, if heated properly" -- SlowwHand

Comment

Well, the gaians loves fungus and boreholes. If I am playing the gaians, I build borholes, but fungus over it and then protect the borehole with a mindworm. This mindworm don't need support cause it eats the fungus over the borehole.

Now, you can put a borehole directly over the fungus, that's much faster.

You can expand and build bases everywhere the fungus prevent the other factions to build there bases. You can need the fungus as your friend.

Comment

Ah, now that *is* interesting. I didn't know you could plant a base directly in fungus as a result, never tried it. Is that really true?
                    Team 'Poly

Comment

No, a base you can't plant directly in fungus. Oh, that would be great. What I mean is the presence of fungus AROUND the new builded bases, that is dangerous for not-planet factions and good for planet-factions like the Gaians. Fungus is the best friend for the gaians, and the ability to build very fast boreholes in it gives and extrem advantage for late game expanding.

Comment

Working...
                      X