Drowned boreholes.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drowned boreholes.

Someone said that they placed boreholes along the coast every other tile. But when the sea level goes up - which it might in late game - what happens to these BH's. Glub! Hiss! Or am I missing something here?

The only thing you're missing, is that you shouldn't just watch the oceans rise, but do something about it (ie. get your formers to raise the land)

Aredhran

Comment

Ibores

I was the one who said it. Essentialy I will borehole along the coast and then later terraform up the peaks further inland. Once a "line" of boreholes is inland 2 squares I have another new coastline to borehole. I find this easier and less of a PIA than examining a whole bunch of inland squares to figure out what combination of terraforming up and down will permit a borehole on a given square.

Comment

I do the same thing, but only because I keep my eco-damage under control. i haven't had sea level rises in a single game I've played single player in the last year.
        Fitz. (n.) Old English
        1. Child born out of wedlock.
        2. Bastard.

Comment

quote:

I find this easier and less of a PIA than examining a whole bunch of inland squares to figure out what combination of terraforming up and down will permit a borehole on a given square.

Um, if you terraform DOWN you can ALWAYS build a borehole on that square It's just how the 3D terrain works. I always build a grid of boreholes, 1 tile diagonally between each one (my bases fit between the boreholes). Terraforming down once for each borehole is no problem at all.

Comment

Thanks Blake
            Learn something new every day. I never knew that-- much easier than I thought.

Comment

I also borehole every other square along the coast, and like Fitz have never seen the sea levels rise (ever). I just don't pollute much, and don't nuke, gas or nerve staple.
              He's got the Midas touch.
              But he touched it too much!
              Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

Working...
              X