Auto-design units suck..help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto-design units suck..help!

I like to design units and name them myself. I switched off the auto-design feature, but everytime a new weapon or armor comes up, the computer designs them for me with stupid names. This happened in multi-player. Help...?

That actually happens to me too, but only after every new reactor. So for each one I have to spend valuable time sweeping my design workshop clean of designs that I don't use. AARGH!

[This message has been edited by karu-san (edited February 15, 2001).]

Comment

Another thing that annoys me are the computers suggestions to "upgrade" my units to obsolete trash.
      Or would You pay 140 energy to make a 6r-3r-rover from You 24-8r-Slayer?

"Steelborn, Starborn"

Comment

When you are in multiplayer mode, your design workshop always gets updated at the beginning of each turn, during the unit synchronization phase.

As a result, no matter how often you remove obsolete units, they keep coming back as long as AI players are using them.

Yet Another Bug (tm), thank you Firaxis.

Aredhran

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Aredhran on 02-15-2001 05:56 AM
          When you are in multiplayer mode, your design workshop always gets updated at the beginning of each turn, during the unit synchronization phase.

As a result, no matter how often you remove obsolete units, they keep coming back as long as AI players are using them.

Yet Another Bug (tm), thank you Firaxis.

Actually I have a horrible feeling that it wasn't a bug, rather an intended feature, theory: Firaxis decided that it would keep the game moving faster by having units auto-designed. Pity they never considered the amount of time that would have to be spent scrolling OR obsoleting all of the units.

I tend to name my units in ALL CAPS during multiplayer, makes them easier to spot.

Comment

It doesn't happen every turn in MP. Just when you discover a new weapon, armor, chassis or reactor. Thich is about 1/2 half the techs. I expect to have to revamp my DW after every tech discovery/trade, so I'm pleasantly suprised when I don't have to.
            Fitz. (n.) Old English
            1. Child born out of wedlock.
            2. Bastard.

Comment

As far as I know in MP the settings are common to all. That means if another player turns auto design on later it will stay on until someone turns it back off at which time it will be off to all.

Most annoying I find is when people turn on auto-explore monoliths. Nothing more annoying when you think you are going to attack a unit with a rover and then on first move it sticks on the monolith right in front of who you were planning to attack.

Comment

GOd! is there anythign I can delete to prevent the stupid game to do that? Any program? jezuz I hate this feature.

Comment

As far as I know there is nothing that can be done to prevent this. It is often complained about in pbems.

All you can do is turn it back the way you want it.

Comment

quote:

Originally posted by Fitz on 02-15-2001 03:59 PM
                    It doesn't happen every turn in MP. Just when you discover a new weapon, armor, chassis or reactor. Thich is about 1/2 half the techs. I expect to have to revamp my DW after every tech discovery/trade, so I'm pleasantly suprised when I don't have to.

Or when any other faction discovers such a tech...

Comment

There should probably be a PBEM rule about changing automation options during your turn. The monolith option can really mess you up, but the worst is "aircraft automatically return to base". Once a PBEM opponent checked that option during a major vendetta and I had to watch in horror as all my in-flight needlejets and interceptors headed for a random airbase, usually the one furthest from the front line. I consider that a dirty trick!
                      Creator of the Ultimate Builder Map, based on the Huge Map of Planet, available at The Chironian Guild:
                      http://guild.ask-klan.net.pl/eng/index.html

Comment

Working...
                      X