Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shouldn't there be boreholes near the boreholes cluster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a few explanations to provide.
    • Mark it down as another piece of crappy Firaxis code
    • Think of it as Planet's ecosystem being disturbed by the arrival of the polluting human factions.

I have never seen Fungus naturally grow over the Cluster. However, once it's destroyed (by spores), nothing prevents the growth, especially if a Fungal Tower happens to be nearby.

Comment

Needless to say, I think my first theory is the good one

Comment

'Red:

I think your second option is the one

Refer to Interlude 15

Until the humans came, the very act of gaining sentiency killed the planetlife, and so the cycle began again.

By the time the mindworms, sporelaunchers et al realized what the boreholes were, they died off.

So it is entirely in keeping with the plot line that the arrival of the humans "awakened" them and alerted them to the eco-danger.

G.

Comment

I have one answer. In one game, the Borehole Cluster was in my territory but far from my cities and thus not being used. Dierdre destroyed one of them with one of her troops that were roaming in the area.

Comment

Spore launcher.

simple reason why? Spore launchers were design to destroy improvements (except for monoliths which they themselves can use) by the game designers and Clusters are improvements although not human made.

complex reason why? Spore Launchers defends the Planet and Borehole Clusters near Humans are on its way to being used and therefor appears dangerous to the enviromennt.
            It's close to midnight and something evil's is lurking in the dark.

Comment

Thats not so odd I have seen Fungal Towers and fungus on the top square(the lava square)of Mount Planet. How do you explain that.

Comment

Maybe they like the heat?

Comment

Working...
                X