Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non-Lethal, Psi Gates, Children's Creches, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, that's how they suppossedly work. Note that Creche's effects are described very differently in the SMAC handbook.
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Comment

So you're saying the handbook is correct? That goes against several previous tests that others have conducted.
      Fitz. (n.) Old English
      2. Bastard.

Comment

I am saying that what I have written above is correct, whether it is in the manual or not. And although many people have claimed that effects apply within a player's territory, I have never seen any of them refer to any tests. If you disagree, making your own tests is easy enough - load up any game where you have a CC and move the unit out of the base. The morale bonus will disappear...

Comment

Sorry Tau, I wasn't trying to accusitory. It's just that I was suprised. And reading what you wrote, it sounds identical to the way ChCreches are described in the manual, excepting the very green is always green thing. If I recall correctly, the manual says something like:

Negates morale penalties, instead the unit gets a plus one morale modifier. This applies to a unit in the base square.

Did you test if the unit has to be homed to the base in question, or if it applies to any unit in that base square?
          Fitz. (n.) Old English
          2. Bastard.

Comment

Yeah, sorry, I can get a bit touchy about my test results, and could definitely have written that last post in a less confrontational tone. I apologize.

The bonus applies to any unit in the base square. I have not tested if it also applies with pactmates, though.

The Green/Very Green thing only affects units that are homed to the base.

Comment

In an attempt to bring some finality to this discussion, I have tried the different combinations in the scenario editor. So, these are the morale effects of the Children's Creche:

It does not affect the halving of beneficial training effects from Command Centres, Bioenhancement Centres etc.

It affects the basic morale of a fresh unit if you have a Morale SE setting of -1 or -2; in that case fresh units are Green instead of Very Green. (They are still Very Green at -3 or -4 Morale SE.) Bonuses due to facilities are added to this base.

Units in the base square get a temporary positive morale modifier, shown as a series of '+', as follows:

-4 or less Morale SE: (++++)
              -3: (+++)
              -2: (++)
              -1: (++)
              0 or greater: (+)

This modifier works both in attack and defence. Note that the bonus given is the number of negative morale shifts (which is different from SE value!) +1, which is what the datalinks mean when they say that negative morale modifiers are ignored and units instead get a +1 morale modifier.

(These are not the only ways to get (+) after a unit's morale. Very Green units always have one (+), which works only on defence. It is superseded by the bonus above. If you have a +2 or +3 Morale SE, your units get an extra morale bonus on defence, which is marked the same way, and is cumulative with the bonus above.)

None of the bonuses depend on your territory. They either apply everywhere (in the case of the basic morale level adjustment) or only in the base square (in the case of the temporary bonus).

Comment

Working...
              X