No announcement yet.

Long live SMAC and this board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danke Nethog, those should come in quite handy.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hay Bruce--

Welcome to the infinite worlds of SMAC/X! I'm new on these boards, too, but I've been playing (solo) for years.

Tried MOO3 recently, thinking I needed a change. I was wrong.

SMAC ETERNIA!!

GFC
      "The first rule of Girlfight Club: No one gossips about Girlfight Club. That means you, Sheryl."
      -----------------------------
      Girlfight_club of Toliman has authorized a secret project, "The Planetary Datalinks": http://planetarydatalinks.hub.io

Comment

Allow me to join the welcoming commitee.

People actually play multiplayer, which is great. I can't persuade my local friends to play any CivSeries game.
        #play s.-cd#g+c-ga#+dgfg#+cf----q.c
        #endgame

Quantum P. is a champion: http://geocities.com/zztexpert/docs/upoprgv4.html

Comment

Welcome Bruce!

I dont post much on this board, but Read it everyday! I have gotten a lot of good tips and learned alot from it!! Thanks to all the experts on this board.
          I have been playing SMAC/X daily for several years. ( I think I am addicted to it!!!) Currently playing at Librarian/THINKER levels.
          Mostly SP, but sometimes I can convence my Husband to play a MP game on the weekends. He is a CIV3 player.

Lori

Comment

Koolies, that makes two female SMAC/X players I know
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

girlfight_club, Lori, Bella Hella, Allie Cove... the girls are slowly joining us...
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Of the Girl's, I bet I am the Oldest!!!! 44!!!

Lori

Comment

good to see an "older" girl playing SMAC. it proves how SMAC's design is universally appealing.
                  I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Indeed! it does the heart good :-)
                    Who is Barinthus?

Comment

If only my wife liked playing SMAC - or any computer game for that matter!! But if she played SMAC that would be sweet.
                      Nethog

Comment

M'lady won't play SMAC - just not her cup o' tea - but she completely understands my immersion in it.
                        I am on a mission to see how much coffee it takes to actually achieve time travel.

Comment

You can't really ask for more than that.
                          Who is Barinthus?

Comment

A recent survey actually said that women past 40 play more games (online?, I cant remember) than teenagers.

I don't know if I believe it tho.
                            Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

:boggle: That, I have to see
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Do you know what that survey forgets to ask them?

Whether those online games are multiplayer, and whether they're Popcap and Yahoo games.

It does not surprise me at all that a bunch of 45 year old women love playing Online Hearts. My mother is obsessed with games like Free Cell... I could easily see her jumping right into online Spades or even Bridge or Gin.

I am afraid that whatever the feminists in the crowd scream about, older women simply don't get into video games nearly as often as teenagers. It's a statistical fact... and it doesn't help that their upbringing discourages that sort of thing.

On the other hand, that's no reason to disparage it. Hell, I've always found that older gamers and roleplayers have more "morals", so to speak, when gaming. They avoid cheap tactics, calling them "unfair", and they prefer mature, intelligent conversation and gaming.

For someone like me, this is a very, very good thing.

Of course... as with all blanket statemetns, it is not always true. But it is, often enough to make a generalization not glaringly inaccurate.
                                Noctre, Dak'Tar, the master of the endless shadow that envelops you... That is what they call me. Fear, little mortals, and feed me, for you, my little ones... are mine.

Comment

Working...
                                X