Cult of planet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cult of planet

I would like to know how to make(do) so that the Faction : cult of planete starts at the same time as the others. And not 6 tour(tower) aprés the others And also why it(he) have no animation which(who) show them vessels crash.

Being said if you do not understand.
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Mirada2000 (edited January 24, 2001).]</font>

Sorry, but your English is a little confusing.

What was that again?

Comment

I think the story line is that Cha Dawn is found in the fungus some years after planet fall. This is why no crash of a life pod and the start after a few years, and the cult arises around his survival in the fungus. I'm sure you could alter the alpha.txt or faction.txt to change the start if you really wanted to. I think the Cult is Fungiboy or something like that.

I hope this answers the questions.

Comment

This is fun. No, No. I think she's talking about the Caretakers. They start in 2106. I don't know if there is a way to make them start in 2101 with the others. As for their crash/start video, its probably different, but I didn't think it was missing.

(Us Canadians have to learn how to understand that "French-English", you understand.)

Now that I translated (I think?), maybe someone else can actually answer the questions.
        Team 'Poly

Comment

Mirada, I understand what you mean since the same thing irritated me too. Make a backup of all the files called fungboy.* (I assume you know that * refers to more than one file). Then copy each fungboy file to something similiar.

Eg
          fungboy.* -> funggrl.*

Then, add an entry in the #CUSTOMFACTIONS section the same as the new file name.

eg
          #CUSTOMFACTIONS
          funggrl

The 'most' important step.
          In the copied faction file, change the #FUNGBOY to whatever you renamed the files to.

eg
          #FUNGBOY -> #FUNGGRL

Then select the second Cha Dawn on the list when starting a new game with him.
          There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

I noticed this too - Cha has the same starting time as an Alien faction (ie: he doesn't appear in the game until 2106). For some reason it never occured to me that it was because he was "found in the fungus", I always figured it was a game bug....but now, at least, it makes sense.

Now I wonder just where the heck the setting for this late start is, since it's obviously not a part of the "Alien" characteristic (or at least not exclusively). Maybe it's just coded into the .exe for Cha....?

Comment

Oops, shows how bilingual, and Cha savvy us Canadians are.
              Team 'Poly

Comment

Working...
              X