SMAC 2 Year Anniversary; SMAC 3 ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMAC 2 Year Anniversary; SMAC 3 ???

February marks the 2nd year of this phenomenal game. Is there any word about thoughts or plans for another upgrade or sequel? I can think of at least a dozen enhancements and tons of expansion ideas myself. Imagine the wealth of ideas that have already been communicated on this forum. If anyone knows the scoop, please let us know.

There is no word about an upgrade. I think someone has said there were underwhelming sales of AC and a sequel to a sequel of a game would be a bit redundant. They will have a civ3, but pushing civ's alternate reality may not be a top priority. I hope they do though.

Comment

Don't get your hopes too high.

Comment

For all the talk about amicable partings and the what have you, it seems likely that there's some bad blood between Brian Reynolds (and his team) and Firaxis. If that's the case, there's probably little enthusiasm at Firaxis for keeping alive a project that was mainly helmed by people who aren't there anymore.

Comment

February is a good anniversary for SMAC. February 2 would have been the best. I often feel like Bill Murray in the movie Groundhog Day; I am caught in this loop where I keep playing SMAC over and over again.

[This message has been edited by RedFred (edited January 06, 2001).]

Comment

Please Come to CGN to post your ideas for SMAC 2
            http://www.civgaming.net
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

... but there will be no SMAC 2

Comment

I am already pulling my hair out waiting for the soon to be release game Black & White [due out around Feb/Mar 2001], let alone even looking forward to Civ 3. SMAC 2? You've got a very, very, very long wait, even if they decide to make a sequel, so I would just remove all thoughts out of your mind to try and preserve a little sanity.

Bkeela.
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Working...
                X